Phil Simms Says It'll Be Hard For QB Tim Tebow 'To Ever Be A Starter'

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SRW, Jan 15, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Even with the offseason nearing and his job prospects seemingly dwindling, we can't escape the Tim Tebow vortex. So, when CBS analyst Phil Simms visited with David Letterman on Monday's The Late Show, Tebow naturally was a topic of conversation.

Letterman asked Simms if Tebow was a legitimate starting NFL quarterback.

“It's going to be hard for him to ever be a starter,â€￾ Simms said. “When you bring in Tim Tebow, you have to know what comes with him. If you have a starting quarterback, like the Jets did in Mark Sanchez, they're worried about him and they're paying him a lot of money. When you bring Tim Tebow in, it brings a lot more focus and his fan base, and it creates a controversy no matter what.â€￾

Source: CBS Sports

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Screw starting. He's not even worth having on your roster. His distraction to productivity ratio is just way too high.

3. VICK#7

VICK#7 BANNED

Tebow did help Denver win there division and he did win " 1 " playoff game before getting destroyed by NewEngland. Im curious to know how much he has improved since then.. nobody really knows because the Jets screwed the guy over.

Somebody I dont know who but somebody will give him a chance ... another option is to try him at a different position like TE .... , New England can pick him up and Belichick will find a position for him to play, but it wont be QB.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I would absolutely flip crap if new England picks him up. I don't even know if I could follow the team. I might have to become a freelance fan for the duration of his stay if that happened. And it scares me to death because BB has a history of signing/drafting guys that played under urban Meyer at Florida.

5. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Why do I get the feeling you are the same person as GJDMQYB

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

That is who i think he'll eventually sign with,but he should go to canada and play a few years,like doug flutie,warren moon,and joe theismann did.

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Simms went on to say that the sky is blue and Oprah has a lot of money

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Simms is almost a big of an egomaniac self loving sack of crap that chris collingsworth is! I Can't stand him!

9. VICK#7

VICK#7 BANNED

GJDMQYB is that a compliment