Picture still unclear at right tackle

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by TDJets72027, Aug 27, 2007.

1. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

From Sporting Green 49ers beat writer John Crumpacker:

Before delving into the deadly serious business of blogging on the 49ers, Team of the 80's, I have to relate a great one-liner I came up with the other day that I believe is worthy of Leno or Letterman.

Did you hear Nicole Richie is about to establish medical history?

That's right. She will be the first woman to give birth to a baby that weighs more than she does.

Rimshot, please.

Now, back to your San Francisco 49ers, Team of the 80's ...

Coach Mike Nolan did not announce a change at right tackle from Kwame Harris to Joltin' Joe Staley, as some had expected. The two players both took their turns with the first offense on Monday. Nolan said they would alternate every two series Thursday night in San Diego in the final preseason game.

Thus disappointing all those Kwame-bashers out there who turn a lovely shade of beet whenever he comes up lacking on pass protection.

The NFL is deadly serious business, as noted above, and Harris is inconsistent at best as a pass-blocker. As I have stated several times, however, Harris is a damn fine run blocker. We'll see what the next few days hold.

Young Staley showed competency as a pass-blocker from the git-go. No. 1 draft picks are generally given every chance to earn starting jobs.

Nolan hinted that Frank Gore might play a few snaps in San Diego, but upon further review, no. He won't go until the regular season opener Sept. 10.

Not playing is killing the young man, whose broken right hand is healing nicely. Gore would rather gargle with sand instead of mouthwash than stand idly by while his teammates are playing.

Meal recap: Great eating town, Chicago. On Friday night it was raw ersters (sic) from New Zealand, lobster tail from Australia and filet mignon at Shaw's Crab House and for Saturday late lunch it was a burger and steamed mussels at Joe's.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=10&entry_id=19778

2. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

I'd rather he just give the position to Staley so he can start preparing mentally for the job...

3. JordanTaber

JordanTaber Starter

The guy who wrote that blog needs to be executed. He really is a "crumpacker"...figures he blogs for San Francisco.