QB concerns

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by dylanweber24, Oct 1, 2014.

1. dylanweber24

dylanweber24 M2M 17 Premium Member

I have Kirk Cousins as my only starting QB. Obviously hate the matchup this week with them against the Seahawks.

So I've been scouring the W.W. and there are some decent options. Glennon, Alex Smith, Austin Davis, Bortles, Fitzpatrick and Palmer.

Now I know that Glennon shows up at #17 in the rankings for this week. But is there anyone of those guys that looks like a better long term solution over Cousins. I'm not as down on Cousins as a lot of others are. I think it was a perfect storm for the Giants last week to get after him and now the Seahawks this week people will be jumping off of his bandwagon totally. But I think he will be fine for the rest of the season. Just wondered if any of those guys above seem better than him in the long run.

My first thoughts are Glennon or Bortles. I think Bortles will be good eventually but everyone is hurt on that team it seems like so I lean towards Glennon. Alex Smith is sneaky too.

2. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

I would still hold onto Cousins like you said. It's very close and I couldn't blame you for going Glennon because of his weapons. I do like Bortles due to overall talent, and he will get a lot of garbage time stats. I think either one is a decent pick up.

3. dylanweber24

Yeah I completely agree. I think Bortles will do great things there. I wish he had a healthy Shorts and Lee to mix in with Hurns. Not to mention a pretty horrible run game. But he still looks good.

I'm assuming you would start either one of them over Cousins this week as well right?

4. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

Fitzpatrick wouldn't be a bad option either. From your scoring settings (yahoo default for qb) Dallas is giving up the 11th most points to QB's. Fitz definitely has weapons and isn't as incoherent as people think. I'd say he gets around 260-280 yards and 2 td's. If he can keep the int's down it's a favorable plug n play.

for reference NO 6th most points PIT 21st.

5. dylanweber24

Yeah I always forget about him. NO gives up a bit more but I didn't realize Glennon was without Mike Evans. Might lean Fitz now. Good call

6. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

No love for Palmer!

Let me say this the game is in Denver. The Broncos are going to go up quickly in this game and Palmer will throw... Has had 2 weeks to figure stuff out...

I prefer Palmer from all the options. But hang on to Kirk

7. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

I like Palmer, if he is healthy, This Article and several others like it today made me nervous.

8. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Ouch man. That hurts. Hurts me too with Floyd!

9. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Yeah Palmer should be eliminated from conversations for awhile.