QB Jay Cutler Doesn't Regret Delivering Big Hit In Bears Game

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Sweets, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

On 3rd-and-10 from their own 25-yard line in the middle of the fourth quarter Sunday night against Pittsburgh, Bears quarterback Jay Cutler ran for a dozen yards to pick up the first down then finished the play by laying a thunderous hit on Steelers cornerback Robert Golden with his throwing shoulder.

Charlie Roumeliotis of CSN Chicago reports Cutler appeared on The Jay Cutler Show with Waddle and Silvy on ESPN 1000 Monday and was asked if he has any regrets of the hit that many deemed as dangerous.

"No, I don't," he said. "I know what I'm doing out there, but thanks for your concern, I appreciate it."

The Bears struggled on third downs, only converting 3-of-12 up until Cutler's hit sparked two more conversions on the drive. And the low percentage rate is one of the reasons he didn't slide.

"We needed a first down," Cutler said. "We were struggling in the second half with third downs and we had to make something happen. We wanted to make sure we ... kept the clock going to try and continue the drive."

"I understand everyone's concern, absolutely," Cutler said. "But I have to play the game and that's how I sometimes have to play the game. Sorry, I'm not sorry."

"I'm not looking for you admiration, I'm just trying to pick up a first down in the fourth quarter," he said. "You're watching it on TV, I'm in the moment, and I'm not going to miss the first down by half a yard because I had to slide."

Source:The Redzone

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

why be sorry. sure he may have hurt his shoulder but that was a good hit. reminded me of the hit Shockey put on that db back in the day.

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I wouldn't be sorry either if I where him. People want to see toughness from Cutler. Well, that play is a good example.

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I was listening to that on the way home. I really like listening to his show every week. He's actually funny and pretty engaging. The way this conversation went was interesting.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, it's great to be mr. tough guy like cutler and rodgers did on sunday, but, facts are facts, their organizations do not want them doing it. one stupid mr. tough guy move and their teams' entire seasons are over and done with.

josh mccown and seneca wallace are back-ups for a reason and these teams don't pay their starting qb's $20 million a year to try and act like a bad butt.

6. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

[​IMG]

A lot to do about nothing to me.

We've all seen QBs, even the top ones, make plays that change the course of games that are amazing/clutch in the moment while being insanely stupid/reckless in the big picture. They're football players & expect them play like ones.

That play had me yelling 'YEAH!!!' & then a moment later going 'WTF was he thinking???'.

Just that there's no way to stop a QB from doing it. Rodgers tried to get in the end zone recently & got mauled by 3 defenders at the 1. Surprised he didn't get hurt .That was another insane play but one that you can't control.

7. Badger

Badger Rookie

So, if Cutler had broken his shoulder and was out for the season, then what? Yet another instance of Culter being a moron and not thinking before he speaks.

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

if he thinks that was a hit,he should have seen the hits some of the qbs in the
    1970s would put on folks.joe kapp,roman gabriel, joe theismann,and roger staubach would hit you in a minute if you were in the way,and they would chase after you when they threw a pic. john elways was notorious at doing that his whole career.

9. Steve12

Lol. Wut?

10. Tarkus

I guess being 1 - 2 is hard to Bear, isn't it? :icon_smile:

11. Badger

Badger Rookie

We've got 13 more to go, so Im not worried. The Bears are a house of cards and Green Bay's schedule gets easier from here on out. Im surprised Bears fans aren't talking Super Bowl yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

12. CaptainStubing

Does that make Rodgers just as dumb because his play was nearly as bad

13. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

I thought the hit was badass

14. Badger

Badger Rookie

Rodgers didn't drop his shoulder and try to lay a hit on someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

15. Tarkus

OK...

cuz nothing says happiness like lashing out at a division rival to minimize having your team's butt handed to them by a self imploding Bengal squad & backing up future success by upgrading your team's failings with an 'easy schedule'.

16. CaptainStubing

Yep, he just layed out his whole body with a bunch of defenders around trying to get In the endzone. Still stupid when Wallace is next in line.

I could understand a qb fighting to keep his job doing that but not a franchise qb. He could have just screwed an entire organizations season for one play.

17. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Screw that hit was nasty. Good for Cutler not sliding like the other qb pussies in the nfl.

18. Steve12

lol. Badger comes off as such a homer in this thread. Blind hatred against anything that doesn't wear green and yellow.

19. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I wouldn't expect any less from a Packer fan and I never do.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

I loved the hit...I still laugh at it...

[​IMG]

I swear Polamalu was laughing at Golden.

I do have to say that I like this one better:

[​IMG]