QB Says University of Alabama Offered Him a Corvette To Play Football

Discussion in 'NCAA Football Talk' started by markaz, Jul 5, 2014.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

The University of Alabama Crimson Tide football team could be in some hot water, following a pair of posts on social media.

The first post was sure to raise a few eyebrows on its own. It's an Instagram of sophomore running back Derrick Henry standing in front of his new Dodge Challenger (we're guessing it's an R/T based on the fender stripes). Complete with a custom set of wheels, the image was enough to trigger more than a few questions about where an unemployed student-athlete came up with the money for such a purchase. Now, this could be harmless. Henry, flush with a full-ride to Bama could have convinced his parents to get him something nice with his college fund. [...]

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/05/16/...aign=zergnet_187935&ncid=txtlnkusaolp00001346

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Nice car but those are ugly rims.

4. markaz

How much, if any, info do family and friends have to cough up during a NCAA investigation? If it's none, then all someone has to say "it was a gift from my uncle Willie" and that's it?

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I guess if that is considered a "legal investigation," they could go all the way back to the car dealers records...no?

6. markaz

Dunno. Don't know the type of authority the NCAA has vs civil law.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

If they did, it doesn't anger me. These kids should be getting paid.

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

compared to the crap usc did for years,this is nothing.

9. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

You would think these big teams would know better than to do this anymore.

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

no way!?! big football programs give the best athletes free stuff?! shocking! and, on a related note, i've heard rumors that a lot of athletes take PED's to be more sucessful.

11. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Lol@ Pat White being jelly

12. markaz

The VW they offered him probably did meet his demands.

Diesel44 likes this.
  13. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Not surprised.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

true but not as a form of recruitting.

15. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I have a problem with these guys coming out years later saying this and that happened. If you want to be a rat be a rat when you leave for the greener pastures of the NFL. And if your raisin sack is sufficiently large why not drop the dime while you are there?

16. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

yeah i think it is bullcrap they come out later and run their traps about what they got and so forth.i would think more of them all if they just stuck to the same story they had told all along.

17. Spiman2u

Spiman2u Chiefs fan no matter what

I would have picked a Vettte.z-28;Camaro ss-Yep a gm guy

Buck Fenson likes this.
  18. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

actually I would have made them work at it. I would have said I wanted a 1970 Chevelle SS 454. Black with red interior.

19. Spiman2u

Spiman2u Chiefs fan no matter what

Naw used to eat those for lunch with my 68 Camaro..Chevelle -(best friend had one\silver/blk stripe) Heavy. Yea I cheated.Sm blk 400\327 crank

Buck Fenson likes this.
  20. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer