Raiders PK Sebastian Janikowski Feels He Can Go Seven Or Eight More Years

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by SRW, Jun 15, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Raiders kicker Sebastian Janikowski is 35-years-old and has already spent 13-years in the NFL, but that doesn't mean he sees his career ending any time soon. The Raiders first-round pick in the 2000 NFL Draft says he wants to play seven or eight more years and he wants to play those years in Oakland.

"I would love to stay here and finish my career. This is where I started and where I would like to finish," Janikowski said, via the San Francisco Chronicle. "I can go seven or eight years, if I stay healthy, I can keep going."

Janikowski might keep going, but starting this year he's going to have to do it without his holder of 13-years, Shane Lechler. Lechler signed with the Texans in March.

"Shane and me were such good buddies, but it's business," Janikowski said. "You gotta move on. We've got some new guys and we gotta work on it. It was the weird the first day, but you get used to it."

In 13 seasons Janikowski has been a weapon for Oakland, scoring 1,389 points in his career, which is over 500 points more than the Raiders No. 2 scorer in team history, George Blanda (863).

Source: CBS Sports

2. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

SEABBUTT!