Raiders QB Carson Palmer Prefers Pay Cut Elsewhere Than With Oakland

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by Sweets, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Carson Palmer balked at the notion of taking a $3 million pay cut to remain with the Oakland Raiders.

That sort of stance has led to the notion that Palmer, scheduled to make $13 million in base salary, could find himself released by the Raiders instead.

According to Michael Silver of Yahoo Sports, Palmer apparently would prefer to be back up on a winning team for less money than to take a salary reduction to stay in Oakland. The veteran quarterback has also been linked to the Arizona Cardinals, who need a starter, if he gets let go in Oakland.

As for the Raiders, Silver speculates that they might be interested in trading for Seattle's Matt Flynn or taking Geno Smith with the third pick in the draft, either way, the Palmer saga is worth monitoring in the days leading up to the draft.

Source: National Football Post

2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

No crap.

But even a $3M pay cut there is better than he'll get elsewhere. Who the hell is giving Carson Palmer a deal for $10M a year at this point?

3. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

I sure hope Oakland get their cap Sh!t straightened out, I'm tired of being at the back of the pack and having to dump descent players because we can't afford to keep them... Aren't we through the errors that were made in Al's last couple years, where he was trying anything and everything to win one more time before he left us. Mind you I'm not calling Palmer a descent player, he's one of the most selfish players in the league...

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Palmer is definitely a descent player. Not a whole lot left in the tank, he's been headed steadily downward for a while now.

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

$13 million this year and $15 million next year? for a guy who has been painfully below average since 05?

I cant believe hes still making that much money....awesome trade hue jackson lol

$99.8 million earned in his career....amazing

6. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

In Carson's defense he had a pretty good year stat wise last year... Still you got to know you got 1 to 3 years at the very most left... take the $3 million cut and try to make the playoffs in Oakland. There is a reason Manning went to Denver, the rest of the AFC West is weak! Denver is the only thing to worry about, and seriously, the way that Defense performed in the playoffs Oakland can beat them.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

He's a draft day cut at best.

8. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

[​IMG]

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

[​IMG]

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

ah, there's some good stuff in this thread. funny crap.