Raiders Vs Chiefs

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by ollysj, Sep 16, 2009.

?

Who will win this game?

Poll closed Sep 20, 2009.
  1. Raiders

34.4%
  2. Chiefs

65.6%
  1. MastuRaider

MastuRaider Special Teamer

Looked like prevent to me.

What are you talking about no variety from Russel!? He's got the overthrow the screen pass by a couple feet, the underthrow the check down by a couple yards, the hold on to the ball and get sacked, the overthrow across the middle and the combo overthrow across the middle behind the wr, and then theres the throw right at the receiver although this one is clearly a work in progress! Jeez how many throws does an NFL QB need?

2 people like this.
  2. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

Lmao, rep!

3. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

last week the raiders outplayed the chargers and lost, this week they were outplayed and won, seems likely

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Someone rep MastuRaider for me please...

:Loco:

5. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

Did for you! :icon_cheesygrin:

6. MastuRaider

MastuRaider Special Teamer

Thanks Herm. No need for internet violence.

7. Androidraider24

Androidraider24 Team Veteran

Russell is garbage, but seeing how he is a fat ass, the 3rd youngest starting qb in the NFL and really this is his second real year as starting QB , I wont jump on the wagon and call him a bust just yet.

It happened with Fargas, Aso, and now Huff (who is starting to prove people wrong).

2 weeks, 2 drives with the game one the line , 2 TDs to the lead, one the defense folded the other time it held up.

8. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Very nice. :icon_cool:

9. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

Brady Quinn, shaun hill pretty even there, jason Campbell, these guys are all pretty close but yeah so far stat wise, hes regressed i thought hed be further along he still a young QB he'll come around eventually. He reminds me alot of Jay Shroeder with his errant throws which is not a good thing but hes our QB for the next 2 years until his contract is up. He makes the game exciting in the end and gets it done in crunch time its his first 3 quarters he needs to work on the touch passing. Look at the brightside no picks and fumbles and only a couple of sacks when is the last time we could say that.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

I only read yours sweets because they usually are. laughing at the sentence wasnt derogatory? You take every opportunity for a shot and you know it. Its all good your 2-0 and enjoy it. Congrats.

I think im one of those guys:icon_redface::icon_sad:

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

very sloppy game on both sides. both of these teams HAVE talent, they just make so many mistakes. that's why they're both mired in losing.

11. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Both young clubs that need stability at the HC postions.

12. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I saw a few things in this game I liked...for it being Cassel's first game with us...I think he played pretty well, (minus those 2 INT's)...he made some good decisions/plays...this loss as far as I'm concerned, falls on Haley and the defense...Haley should've just settled for the field goal before half-time, but NO, that wasn't good enough (therefore funny we lose by a f/g...not)...and our D...when are they going to learn that a football game is 60 minutes long, not 57 or 58, which seems to be the longest they can play? It's very frustrating, and they can't even use being on the field too much as an excuse this game, because they weren't...Ok...I'll stop ranting for the moment.

Congrats on the win Raider fans. :icon_cheesygrin:

13. warcrychief

14. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

I agree and disagree. Pendergast called the prevent defense, which caused a lot of vacant areas on the field to appear, even Russell can hit that. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I blame turnovers, penalties, and Pendergast.

Haley didn't do too hot either and could've made some better decisions, like going to Bowe after Asomugha went out and that crap that went down before the half ended, but he still didn't do anything that really killed us.

However, the defense overall is absolutely not to blame in this one. I don't care who's QBing, when you give up only 160 yards of total offense, that's worthy of some serious praise.

15. warcrychief

what game were you watching? he went for it on 4th down on 3 occasions and won 2 of those. Let alone we had over 400 yards of offence, but penilties that he couldnt control stopped alot of our drives. :icon_rolleyes:

16. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

I found out that he was the one that called the play where Cassel threw the screen to Savage before the half, but Cassel either thew the ball too early or Savage didn't get far enough to the sideline. Either way, I thought we should've went for the endzone there. The onside kick was kind of iffy, but I like the aggression there. As I said, I don't think he did an awful job.

17. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, i live here in k.c. and the local sports jockeys were just blasting haley after this game. they're idiots. haley's play calling was brilliant. the raiders were completely confused on defense. the only thing you can bash haley for is having an undisciplined team.

on a related note: cassell, while typically accurate, looked confused/scared in the 2nd half after he took a few big hits and was throwing the ball up for grabs a lot. Just a fair warning to chiefs fans. Beware before buying into your qb completely.

18. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

Yeah, they'll always be hard on Haley because of his attitude. I like it, personally, but they gotta find something to whine about. I agree, his play-calling was very good for the most part, we just made too many mistakes at midfield.

As for Cassell, I think a lot of it was rust, along with him maybe worried about that leg a bit. I'm hopeful that he'll be better against the Eagles.

19. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Don't get me wrong...I like Haley and all, I just think we should've went for the field goal before the half...if we had, it would've been a tie game/going into overtime, right? I do like the way he seems to have the players improving more all the time....but yes, the DEFENSE was to blame for the end of the game....yes, they did great for 57-58 minutes....but they stop playing in the last 2-3 minutes...they've been doing it for years...and even with new players on the team, looks like they are still doing it...it's very frustrating. If they'd stopped the raiders on that last drive...we could've, and should've won this game....

Btw, I don't live in KC and I'm not a whiner, but thanks for playing anyhow. I'm a realist, and not too many homers care for that...but I don't care. I speak my mind, regardless.

And oh yeah, I was pretty ticked off about the 9 penalties as well...and couldn't even believe that Branden Albert was responsible for at least 3 of them...that was just crazy...:icon_eek:

20. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

Fixed! :icon_cool:

1 person likes this.