Rams Seem Interested In Giving OT Jason Smith Another Chance

Discussion in 'St. Louis Rams' started by SRW, Feb 26, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

At this point, it looks as if the Rams' new regime isn't ready to pull the plug on offensive tackle Jason Smith. "We're looking forward to putting him in the program and developing him," general manager Les Snead said. Smith, the No. 2 overall pick in 2009, has yet to live up to that lofty draft status. Largely because of concussion problems in '09 and '11, Smith has played in only 29 of the team's 48 games over three seasons. He played in only six games last season after suffering a concussion while trying to make a tackle in Dallas after a Rams turnover. "There's work that needs to be done, but that stuff's behind him now," coach Jeff Fisher said. "I haven't actually had a chance to speak to the medical staff specifically about his condition. But there's no doubt in my mind that he'll return and be able to play."

Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

it's really hard to measure any Rams performances over the past few years ......... it has been a disaster there for a while............. his concussion problems are an issue though.

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Look at the performance of Brown and Sallford. All there prized OL peices be it draft or FA have turned to crap. I think its more a coaching problem then a player problem. Which, IMO makes Smith and Brown savvy additions to a team looking to team looking to take a cheap flyer on a talented OL if they are dumped