Rams Seriously Interested In Eagles QB Michael Vick?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by BigBlueBruiser, Feb 19, 2010.

1. During a live chat at stltoday.com, beat writer Jim Thomas of The St. Louis Post Dispatch believes there is a "60-40" chance that Eagles quarterback Michael Vick will end up with the Rams in the offseason. "All signs point to the fact that the Rams are seriously interested in Vick," Thomas said. It was previously speculated that the Eagles may hold onto Vick at least until the preseason, he is due a $1.5 Million roster bonus in two weeks.

Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2010
  2. Squibby

Squibby Rookie

I would seriously be interested in Vick too if i was the Rams. They need to bring some kind of excitement into that dome.

3. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

Totally agree! The Rams need something to put fans in the seats.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

not to mention it would be nice to get a pick from the rams since they have the best picks in the draft this year so i say DO IT!!!!

4. Factoring that in, the Rams fifth round draft choice would seal the deal. Its been speculated that the price tag on Vick is a fourth or fifth round draft pick.

The Rams may not want to part with a high fourth on him, thats like a low third in their view. But a high fifth would do just nicely on both sides.

5. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

I'll take a high fifth any day from the rams!

Just waiting for the rams to pull the trigger now

6. Squibby

Squibby Rookie

It would be interesting to see how having Vick would affect Jackson. When Vick was on the Falcons Dunn's productivity was up compared to when Vick was not playing. Same with Chris Johnson from the Titans when Vince took over...his yards per game shot up because the backside linebacker and end have to stay home with the threat of a running QB.

7. davematthews3

davematthews3 1st Stringer

Yea. I agree. Steven Jackson should be begging for them to bring in Vick. The guy is already a beast this move would put him into a class all by himself.

8. Other than Buffalo, St. Louis seems to be the hot spot for Michael Vick heading into the 2010 season. This deal has a realistic chance of happening imo.

Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo worked under Andy Reid for eight seasons in Philadelphia and Spags' has said he respects Vick's game so there is an obvious link towards Vick landing in St. Louis. The two may not have a difficult time negotiating a possible trade regarding Vick. Time will tell however when the Eagles get there QB situation handled and actually deal Vick.

9. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

Jackson is a beast and the poor guy has had to put the whole team on his shoulders. Right now he is the face of the franchise. So Vick in there with Jackson would be great!!!

Come on Rams JUST DO IT!!!

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

get er done !

11. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Screw this "60-40" crap. I can't wait until it's 100% done. Getting anything for him would make me happy.

12. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

13. GJDMQYB

GJDMQYB Guest

I must say the Rams would be a good spot for Vick, Vick will sale tickets and help the team.
    Lets get this done.

14. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

BS on the first part, BS on the second part, and BS on the third part. Vick has nothing to offer any team.

15. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Other than possibly sell a few more tickets, he isnt going to help anyone. He will bring in negative press from Peta and thats something St Louis doesnt need

16. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The negative press from PETA wasn't a huge deal at all this year in Philadelphia.....I think that's one worry teams don't really have.

17. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

Are you kidding?!? He has more to offer that what the Rams currently have. They have absolutely NOTHING!!!

Something no matter how small it is is better that their current position

18. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

A guy like Pennington offers much more than anything Vick could, plus this sets the Rams up for drafting Clausen. So yeah Vick offers nothing. The Rams need a face of their franchise, and it isn't Vick. And if Vick offers all this then if the Rams pass on Clausen then Vick will mke the lose out on Locker next season.:icon_rolleyes:

19. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Pretty insulting really stating Vick is more than what he have. Before jaitime, Vick was an enigma, highlight reel runs, big arm, stupidly inaccurate and a questionable character/work ethic but because of the first thing everyone thought he was the tits. Now out jail people still think he's enigma, only now he's slower, out of an NFL system for years (I doubt he learned much of the Eagles system judging by his usage) and his questionable character is confirmed.

I seriously don't know how people still believe he's a capable starting NFL QB (I never knew how people thought that in Atlanta) and he wouldn't help the Rams in any way.

20. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

Pennington is made out of glass and he doesn't have a big arm. His whole career has showed that he is injury-prone and you think its a good thing to put him into a young inexperienced O-line for Pennington to end up in a body cast. I rather have a QB that can scramble when you're in a team that is in absolute rebuild mode the only solid thing they have is Steven Jackson.