Rate My Trade

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by wide right, Jul 22, 2007.

1. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Just cancelled the counter offer. If the guy who wanted to trade Shaun Alexander for LJ straight up can come up with a better offer, i'm listening. If not, oh well, LOL.

2. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Yup... I don't get the point of that kind of trade before the season has begun.

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I honestly did think this over and was 50/50 on wheather to take this trade or not until I asked for some help on this one. I didn't accept the trade.

4. GawdZeeRaa

GawdZeeRaa Calm Like a Bomb

Just got offered Andre Johnson and Hines Ward for Marvin Harrison.

I've got Plaxico Burress as my #2 with Jerry Porter, Kevin Curtis and Wes Welker on the bench. Scoring is 1 pt/10 yds, 6 pt/TD.

5. joemontana25

joemontana25 Rookie

Hello everyone

I've got this offer: Rudi Johnson and Vincent Jackson for Javon Walker and Marshan Lynch (my players). My others WR are Torry Holt, Anquan Boldin,DJ Hackett and Joe Horn.
    What do you think about this?

6. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

I would take that trade. Who are your other RBs? Rudi is a better RB than Lynch and even though Walker is a better WR than Jackson, that could change. He had a great preseason.

7. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I would pull the trigger on that trade just because Rudi Johnson is a proven consistent 1200 yard RB with 10+ TDs. Walker is better than Jackson based on last season, but Jackson is a rising player and your other WR's are very prominent in case any slack is left.

8. joemontana25

joemontana25 Rookie

thanks a lot for your help: I made it!!

9. wide right

So we have 9 guys in our league that have played together for 6 years. The 10th slot changes from year to year. This year we have yet another new 10th owner. Yesterday he made the worst trade in the history of our league. New guy traded Willie Parker and Santana Moss and received Eli Manning and Marty Booker in return. He already had Tom Brady and Vince Young and trades his best player for Eli??? Freaking newbs screwing with the competitive balance.

10. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

WOW. So I take it there isn't any league trade approval in your league?

11. wide right

No, I hate leagues where the other owners get to vote for approval of a trade that they have nothing to do with. Last year in my yahoo public league I had tons of RBs and crapty WRs and twice I made a fair trade that we both agreed on and the other lame butt owners vetoed them both. I was stuck with good RBs that I couldn't trade.
    Anyways, unless obvious collusion like the last place team trading the first place team all his stars we don't heck with trades in our league. Even this crapty one. I guess I'll try and go grab Brady from the newb now that he has his Eli. The only thing I could think of was that he hit approve by accident instead of reject button. But then there was no complaining afterwards either. Maybe that missing too many braincells muthahecker thought he was getting Payton? I for the life of me can't figure out his actions. It's an IDP league and he also grabbed a 2nd string LB off waivers who had 8 tackles last season for Indy. There's plenty of good DL/LB left who he should have gotten instead. He said he had played ff before. Now I don't believe him. Can't figure this guy out.

12. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Gamblers call those people fish because they can get easily swallowed up. If he picked up a backup LB over starters but says he's played FF before, then he's either lying or just screwing around solely for the sake of screwing around.

13. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

I guess your league will have to find another 10th man again, next year. :icon_cheesygrin:
    I know that.

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Ok so someone offered me this trade, which I immediately turned down.

Yahoo PPR league

Thomas Jones and Chris Chambers (him)

for

Jerious Norwood and Santonio Holmes (me)

Now, at this point, Norwood and Holmes are 2 of my favorite backup/flex guys (depending on matchups), and guys I really wanted pre-draft as well, so there was no way I was going for this, especially considering that Jones and CHambers are 2 guys I didn't want at all.

So was that a good decision, IYO? I didn't give it a second thought, but what do I know?

15. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I like that decision to stand pat with Holmes and Norwood. I have Holmes on one of my teams and he could be a very good option this season with Ward. I've never been overly in love with Chris Chambers though he's on another team of mine. I liked the deep ball Holmes got from Big Ben.

16. wide right

I would not have made that trade either.

17. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

just made this trade in my league im in with my co workers

i traded ben roethlisburger, ahman green darrel jackson

for

brett farve jamal lewis, lee evans
    players in bold where just acquired this is a ppr league start 1 qb 2 rb 3 wr's

my starting qb is tom brady brett farve
    running backs are joseph addai shaun alexander tatumn bell jamal lewis
    wr's terrel owens andre johnson lee evans chris chambers dennis northcut

please give opinions and thoughts

18. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

I wouldn't have switched QBs. For the other two guys, I guess it's a good trade for you.

19. wide right

Favre is interception machine. The Steelers have said they will open up the offense this season and they certainly did week 1. Advantage: Big Ben. Green vs Lewis is a wash for now but ultimately I think Green will do better. Evans is better than Jackson and should put up better numbers.
    This trade doesn't hurt your team, but doesn't do much to upgrade it either.

20. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I wouldn't have traded Big Ben, but Lee Evans is an upgrade. I think its an overall upgrade since Evans will probably be in your starting line up. Your overall team is very good so as long as Brady stays healthy, you should be fine.