Ravens CB Lardarius Webb Confident In Recovery From Torn ACL

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by SRW, Apr 12, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

For Ravens star cornerback Lardarius Webb, patience remains his watchword as he makes steady progress in his rehabilitation from a torn anterior cruciate ligament for the second time in four years.

The Ravens' top cornerback suffered a right knee injury last October against the Dallas Cowboys that ended his season. Now, Webb forecasts a sound recovery for the upcoming season.

"I'm taking my time and I'm working hard," Webb told The Baltimore Sun on Thursday night while receiving a sportsmanship award for his work with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Baltimore at their second annual Be Great Gala at the Inner Harbor Marriott. "It's going really well. I've stayed positive throughout this whole process. I'm going to be Lardarius Webb out there. I'm going to have the same heart I've always played with.

"I'm going to do all my part. I like being in this situation. I'm coming off a little adversity, but it just puts a chip on my shoulder. It's about determination and how bad I want to get back on that field. I missed out last season and I was there for the ride, but I want to go to the Super Bowl again. The Lord won't put me through anything I can't handle. I take everything in stride."

Entering the second year of a $50 million contract that included a $10 million signing bonus, Webb is being counted on heavily to provide leadership and a shutdown presence in the secondary for a defense that's in the midst of a major overhaul since winning the Super Bowl in February.

The Ravens lost middle linebacker Ray Lewis to retirement, cut strong safety Bernard Pollard and had the following players depart via free agency: free safety Ed Reed, Webb's primary mentor and close friend, linebackers Dannell Ellerbe and Paul Kruger and cornerback Cary Williams.

Source: Baltimore Sun