Ravens LB Ray Lewis Says He Meant No Disrespect To Colts With 'Final Dance'

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by SRW, Jan 8, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Ravens inside linebacker Ray Lewis said he did his trademark late-game dance on Sunday to honor “my time and my city,†not out of disrespect to the Indianapolis Colts.

Lewis’ response came a day after Colts veteran wide receiver Reggie Wayne told WNDE-AM in Indianapolis that he saw the dance, which occurred after the final kneel down of the Ravens’ 24-9 victory at M&T Bank Stadium, as “disrespectful.†It was Lewis’ final home game after playing 17 seasons in Baltimore.

"Listen man, it wasn’t about them at that time,†Lewis said. “That was about capping off a heck of a legacy for 17 years. I guess the trot around the field was disrespectful, too? No. It wasn’t even about them. The game was over. I didn’t go over to their sideline and make some big issue about that. I’ve never been that type of player but [I did it] to salute my city, knowing that people love to see that. And not just people, my teammates were the ones that encouraged me the most. They were saying, ‘Just go out and give it to us one more time knowing that this will be the last time you do it in Ravens’ stadium.’â€

Source: Baltimore Sun