Ravens LB Rolando McClain Retires Again

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by DaBears22, Apr 21, 2014.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Rolando McClain is walking away from the NFL again, this time for good.

On the day the linebacker was due to report to the Baltimore Ravens for the first day of the team's offseason workout program, he sent a text to ESPN.com saying, "I gotta follow my heart. It ain't football. If football made me complete I would play. But whenever I think of it my heart pulls me away from whatever reason. ... This means I'm done."

Last week the Ravens activated McClain, 24, off the reserve-retired list. Last year, after McClain had been released by the Oakland Raiders following a string of arrests, the Ravens signed him to a one-year contract worth the veteran minimum of $700,000.

McClain had not played football since the 2012 season and was no lock to make the Ravens' roster. He was reportedly late for a workout with team officials last week, which he later disputed. Left undisputed was that the workout did not go well. He reportedly failed a conditioning test and it would not have been surprising if the team had released him.

In college at Alabama, McClain won the Lambert award, given to the nation's best linebacker. The Raiders drafted him with the No. 8 overall pick in 2010.

Source: ESPN

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

dude had no heart for the daily grind.