Ravens LB Rolando McClain Says He Retired To 'Get His Personal Life Together'

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by SRW, May 17, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Rolando McClain's football career has been a disappointment. His personal life has also been a mess.

In a statement Thursday, one day after he "retired" from the Baltimore Ravens in the wake of his third arrest in 16 months, McClain, 23, said his priority right now is cleaning up his off-field situation. The linebacker said he hopes one day he will be on the field again.

"Clearly, my decision to retire has raised some questions. Quite simply, I love football, but I have decided at this time it is in my best interest to focus on getting my personal life together," McClain's statement read. "Beyond that, I'm not sure what the future holds for me, including football."

"This was entirely my decision and the Ravens have been very supportive during this process. I am very grateful for the opportunity they gave me and wish them the best of luck in the future," McClain said. "God willing, maybe I'll play for them one day."

Source: SBNation.com

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Translation: I'll make a comeback when all my money if gone in 14-18 months.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Behave and then you are worthy of competing for a roster spot.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well obviously the statement was not given by McClain. his agent or or lawyer wrote that. hopefully he finally is actually seeking help to get treatments and medication or whatever he needs

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

McClain has never used the words Decision or Supportive in a sentence. I guarantee it.