Ravens LS Morgan Cox Suffers Torn ACL

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by ravenfan52, Dec 27, 2010.

1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

The Ravens' fears were confirmed Monday when a magnetic resonance imaging exam revealed that rookie long snapper Morgan Cox tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee and will miss Sunday's regular-season finale against the Cincinnati Bengals and the postseason. "He's got a torn ACL, and he's got a third-degree sprain in his MCL. So he's out for the year," coach John Harbaugh said. "And like we said after the game, that was kind of our fear. What he managed to do, to play through that, [running back] Willis McGahee would have been our long snapper. And Willis does a great job, but we'd rather have Morgan Cox or a professional long snapper doing that job. It would have been tough to win the game without him. For him to gut it out the way that he did, that was probably one of the keys to victory. So I'm really proud of his gutsy performance." Cox's knee was wrapped and taped, and he required crutches to navigate the visiting locker room at Cleveland Browns Stadium. Cox said he suffered the injury while blocking on Billy Cundiff's 27-yard field goal with 13:35 left in the second quarter of the Ravens' eventual 20-10 victory Sunday. Prior to learning the official diagnosis, Cox had tried to remain optimistic. "This is extremely disappointing, but like I said, I'm trying to stay hopeful," he said. "Maybe somehow, it wasn't as bad as they say it is. But I'll do the best I can and get back as soon as possible." The loss of Cox could be critical as he has developed a cohesion with Cundiff and punter Sam Koch, Harbaugh said. "It's a factor," he said. "It's something that's going to be tough. They've really worked together since OTAs [Organized Team Activities], and they've taken every snap together. Those guys do get a chemistry built up, but we'll bring in a good long snapper and short snapper, somebody that's been a pro, somebody that's done it before, and we'll be OK."

Source: Edward Lee, Baltimore Sun

2. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

That's a tough one that could be critical.