Ravens WR Derrick Mason Calls Out Keyshawn Johnson

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by SRW, Sep 16, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Baltimore Ravens veteran wide receiver Derrick Mason wasn't done inflicting verbal punishment on former NFL wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson. In the wake of Johnson's recent harsh criticism of the Ravens' wide receiving corps, Mason attacked Johnson immediately Wednesday before he could even be asked a question. "Damn Keyshawn Johnson, because I heard he said something else," Mason said. "Keyshawn knows where I'm at. He knows where the Ravens' facility is at. So, if he wants to hash this out man to man or you want to stack up numbers man to man and talk about it, we can do that. Remember, Keyshawn, you were a number one pick in the draft and I was a fourth-rounder. And our numbers still pretty much stack up. Let's go." The reason behind this drama? During a conference call on Sept. 2, Johnson said, "You want a bum, you pay a bum," in a reference to the Ravens' receivers.

Source: National Football Post

2. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Derrick Mason is the Anti-Keyshawn and that is exactly why I love him - Key was always an overhyped, whiny mini-T.O. when his #s never met his mouth. Mase has good reason to be pissed and IMO a strong case for being the bigger/better man than some suit-wearing-never-was pointin' fingers and callin' names from behind a broadcasters desk.

3. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

let those guys duke it out in the brawl for it all my money is on KJ.

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Why does Mason even care what that wind bag is spouting, I mean really, who freaking cares what Meshawn ever says.

5. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

He's a tough guy (Mason). Like the guy in the bar that talks crap and runs. Then when his boys are holding him back he all of a sudden is 6' 6" 260lb and wants to fight.

Like Key is going to go to the Ravens training facility looking for a fight????

6. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

His dance ticket is punched if he wants to come trip the light fantastic - I think thats the moral of the story

7. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

I agree with you Mason is a coward hee talks smack when you're not there if face him he's just like a piece of pie.

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Well it's easy to call someone out when you know damn well they aren't going to show up, not because they are scared but because what would it accomplish, esp. when you know neither of them are going to come to blows.

9. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Listening to the interview, Derrick responded as the senior receiver on the team. The #1 draft pick is commenting on a 4th round pick (98th overall) who is still playing the game at a good level. Next Question?

10. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

^Exactly, he sticking up for himself and his receiving core, Bums? lol be serious! We dont have a top fantasy guy but Mason is a very good receiver, Clayton is a good receiver, Washington is underrated and Williams is talented but injury prone to this point. I dont know why we are the constant target of shots on our WR's, i've seen much worst around the league

11. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

lol for taking it personal, can't accept someones opinion and put it aside. That's a weakness.

12. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

yeah it is a weakness, especially when the dude is getting paid for just doing his job. I give Mason credit, the point he made was a beast tho.

13. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Mason, be the bigger man and jst brush what people say off and do your job. You want to shut them up? Go out there and dominate.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

That should've been Mason's answer. Why he's even taking the time to entertain Keyshawn is mind numbing...