Ray Rice Attempting To Get Ray Lewis To Join Ravens In Denver

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by SRW, Sep 2, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Ravens open the season this Thursday in Denver, where they will take on the Denver Broncos. They will have one thing missing that hasn't been missing for the last seventeen years, Ray Lewis.

Running back Ray Rice has attempted to lure Ray Lewis to go to Denver. In a text message to Lewis, Rice says:

"You might have to make the trip."

In a comment about the text, Rice said:

"I think the guys, if he's not going to be working, would embrace seeing him on the sidelines. Not sure how he'll take it. He'll probably want to suit up a little bit. I told him that it would be good to see him because no matter what, everybody is always going to look up to [him]." Rice continues, "I hope he comes out there. It would be good to see him show up. That's your brother. That's your comrade. We've fought many battles together. My locker was right next to his. I got to dust off his cleats a little bit. It would be good to see him if he could make it out there, but I'm sure he'll be there in spirit with us."

Source: SBNation.com

2. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Just make sure they keep the lights on on the plane... he might think they forgot to pay the electric bill

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Lewis on the sideline? As what....their mascot?

4. groenator

groenator Rookie

why do you need him there? more publicity or ravens are not able to play the game without him?....:)

5. Badger

Badger Rookie

I dont think its going to matter. Manning is going to dismantle that defense whether Ray Lewis is there or not.

6. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Think Rice is just missing all the sleepovers during the season...