RB Michael Turner Frustrated With Falcons Running Game

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by Sweets, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Falcons running back Michael Turner seems frustrated according to D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, he was held to 11 carries for 33 yards Sunday. Ryan covered half that with a 15-yard scramble and the team’s rushing total, 45 yards.

The Falcons have managed to tip-toe around this issue all season, it hasn’t gotten in the way of them winning yet, but that seems inevitable.

“I’m not sure why it’s going like this,†Turner said. “It’s great to be 6-0 and everything. But we can’t just assume we’re always going to be able to get an interception or a last-minute field goal every time. At some point we’re going to have to run the ball. We’ve got to be able to knock it in [the endzone].â€

Some of it is on the offensive line, it generally has been far better at pass protection this season than opening holes or getting any push.

Has Turner lost confidence?

“No. I’m still here. I’ve never lost confidence.â€

Have the Falcons lost confidence in Turner or their ability to run the ball at all?

“You would have to ask them that. That’s not something they would tell me. It’s their team, their scheme, their offense. I’m just here to try to help them win.â€

Source: The Redzone