Redskins LB Brian Orakpo Says He's 100-Percent

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by SRW, Apr 15, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Redskins linebacker Brian Orakpo says he’s “100-percent†recovered from the torn pectoral muscle that cut short his 2012 season, Tarik El-Bashir of CSN Washington reports.

“Health is great,†Orakpo said Friday evening on Comcast SportsNet during a guest appearance on Redskins Nation. “I’m good, man, I’m feeling great. Rehab has been going tremendously well. I’m 100-percent …to be honest, I’m great, man, my body is feeling even better than what it was before as far as conditioning and strength-wise. Because one thing when you get hurt is you get to work on all the little muscles that you have a tendency to [overlook].â€

Orakpo originally injured his left shoulder/pectoral muscle in the 2011 season finale. He tweaked the injury during the 2012 preseason, then suffered a tear in a different part of the muscle while sacking Rams quarterback Sam Bradford in Week 2. A few days later, Orakpo had a second surgery in nine months.

“It was a freak accident,†Orakpo said. “It’s nothing you can control. Injuries happen in this game. We got hit with a lot of them last year and I was part of it. The fortunate thing is I don’t have a history of injuries, so I can bounce back from it and be fine."

Source: The Redzone