Redskins RB Alfred Morris Says He Was A 'Lost Little Puppy' Last Season

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by SRW, Jul 6, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Alfred Morris burst onto the NFL scene as a rookie and established a new Washington Redskins record for rushing yards in a season, he doesn’t feel like he has arrived, either, Brady Aymond of the Pensacola News reports.

“I keep that drive,†Morris said last week while attending the City of Champions Pensacola banquet at the Sanders Beach Corrine Jones Community Center. “I don’t have the sense that I made it, even though I did make it. Last year is in the past, that doesn’t mean anything anymore.

“Now it’s, what are you going to do this next year? How are you going to improve off last year? Are you going to have a slump? Are you going to get that complacency and lose it? No, I hold myself to a high standard, and I know I’d be disappointed in myself if something like that happens.â€

“I never look at it as I have to prove anything to anybody, because I’ve been an underdog my whole life,†he said. “I know people underestimate me, and I’m OK with it. I don’t have to prove anything to you. I’m just going out there and doing what I know I can do.

“I’ve always believed in myself, and it only takes one person to believe. I go out there and have fun. I still have that drive. I still have that love.â€

Last year, he was a sixth-round draft pick just trying to make the Redskins’ final 53-man roster. By the end of preseason, he had worked himself into the starting tailback spot.

“Last year, I was going in there like a lost little puppy,†Morris said. “This year, having had that experience and gaining that knowledge of last year, I’m a lot more confident and more comfortable.

“The more comfortable you get with it, the better you can go out there and do it. It eliminates the thinking process. You can go out there and have some fun.â€

Source: The Redzone