Redskins To Keep Working QB Robert Griffin With First-Team At Practice This Week

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by SRW, Aug 25, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Quarterback Robert Griffin III will continue to practice with the Washington Redskins’ starting offense against the first-team defense in the coming days in hopes of having Griffin ready for the opening regular season game, Coach Mike Shanahan said Saturday.

“He’s had a good week of preparation this week,†Shanahan said following the Redskins’ 30-7 preseason victory over the Buffalo Bills at FedEx Field. “He was in a lot of team situations, offense versus defense, some… work [against the scout-team defense] as well. He got a lot of reps this week, the majority of the reps, and there was no setback with his knee. That was a good sign. So hopefully next week he can get similar reps and be ready for the Monday night game.â€

The Redskins are scheduled to practice Monday and Tuesday. Players are off Sunday. Their preseason finale is Thursday night at Tampa. Griffin is being withheld from the preseason and is not scheduled to play against the Buccaneers. Shanahan has said that orthopedist James Andrews will re-evaluate Griffin’s surgically repaired right knee after the preseason concludes and make a recommendation then about Griffin’s availability for the Sept. 9 season opener against the Philadelphia Eagles.

“We’ll see,†Shanahan said. “If there’s no setback and Dr. Andrews is gonna evaluate him–I’m sure if there’s no setbacks, he’ll okay him. But I can’t say that for sure. Dr. Andrews will make that call.â€

Source: Washington Post

2. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Week 1 starter it would seem

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I'll be stunned IF RG3 isn't playing week 1.

4. SRW

Wonder what will happen when it's Dr. Andrew's turn to have a say.

5. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Redskins fans got to be holding their breath.

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I'm not worried cause i think if called upon,cousins can play well enough to beat the eagles.personally,i'd be shocked if rg3 played the 1st month to be honest.shanahan really had a flame held to his butt last year when rg3 got hurt and i think he is still hurting from that.

7. SRW

Still though, you know Shanahan will put him in the second he's medically cleared.