Reid Couldn't Talk Moss Away From Pats

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by 86WARD, Mar 3, 2008.

1. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

No one wants to play with the Uncle Tom...lol...

2. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

WOW. I have no idea what this comment means but I know it's not cool.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

doesn't sound cool...

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

He's trying to say that McNabb is a black guy who acts white.

His post would say it shows Barl's ignorance, but I'm pretty sure he's joking.

5. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I know what the term uncle tom means. I don't understand it's use for 5. I'm guessing it's a joke or a trolling attempt

6. DawkinsINT

He hates #5, so he makes all attempts at riling up Eagles fans.

7. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

To tag on to what Dawk said, "Uncle Tom" is a character in Harriet Beecher Stowe's book "Uncle Tom's Cabin". In the book, he's actually an admirable guy, but it's come to take on the stereotype Dawk described. Go figure.

8. lol, never heard someone call mcnabb uncle tom

9. DawkinsINT

You find him admirable because you are white. Plus, the book was written by a ho.

Zero credibility in your post.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

:icon_lol:

11. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

Im guessing you have a short term memory???? You don't remember your own quarterback getting called out as an "uncle tom"?

Wasn't it FredEx? or was it Rush Limbaugh or the Philly NAACP leader? can't remember which one....

12. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Musta missed that one. Limbaugh just said he wasn't as good as all his press and wouldn't get as much attention if he was white. Maybe the NAACP guy...... and you :icon_cheesygrin:

13. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

It was Mondesire. Funny stuff. There was a lot of "black on black crime" that year.:icon_mrgreen:

14. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

Yeah...I just looked it up..pretty sure it was Mondesire....I know Freddie Mitchell said some crap too..can't remember what though...

15. DawkinsINT

I don't think anybody actually used the term Uncle Tom. Just implied it.

16. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

im fairly sure someone used the actual term..because it was on ESPN for a few weeks about him defending himself as an Uncle Tom...

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

:laughy32:

18. DawkinsINT

I did a quick search and came up with nothing from an actual quote. Anyway, the comment would have come from one of 3 assclowns.

The point of my original response to you calling him an Uncle Tom was a reaction to those thinking that you were being serious instead of joking. I knew you were playing off the insinuations of others.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah freddie mitchell had a lot of time on his hands after we cut him.

20. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

lol.... I missed that story. /must have been when I lived in caribbean. What year?