Report Suggest Steelers Are Interested In Free Agent DE Elvis Dumervil

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by SRW, Mar 17, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The unexpected free agency of Elvis Dumervil could produce an offseason showdown between bitter AFC North rivals.

We already knew the Baltimore Ravens were one of three teams reportedly interested in Dumervil, who was released by the Denver Broncos following an absurd fax blunder on Friday. Now comes word that the Pittsburgh Steelers also could be in the mix.

Aaron Wilson of The Baltimore Sun reported Sunday that the Steelers are interested in Dumervil in the wake of their decision to cut ties with veteran linebacker James Harrison, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

The question is whether the Steelers have the financial flexibility to make a competitive offer.

Source: NFL.com

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I don't see how we could afford this, but I'd love this move. He had 17 sacks in 2009 in Denver's 3-4 scheme.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like the idea. But I can't see how it financially it's even possible.

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i guess they really arent strapped for cash as bad as they make it seem. A signing like this (or jake long) would certainly lead to someone like troy or keisel being released but they deal is possible with a low cap his for this season

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Yeah...their interest/offer to Jake Long gives hope for something like this to happen...