Rex Grossman's Father Rips The Bears

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Nov 17, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Rex Grossman's father came out firing Monday when asked to assess the Bears' offensive woes with Cutler, compared with the checkered Chicago career of his son. Dan Grossman, an ophthalmologist in Bloomington, Ind., cited the Bears' long history of futility at quarterback. He emphasized he did not want to come off sounding like your typical disgruntled parent but as an objective observer who bases his comments on Bears history and facts. "It's a self-perpetuating problem that is not Jay Cutler's fault," said Dan Grossman, who played quarterback at Indiana in the '60s. "It's not Rex Grossman's fault. It's not Kyle Orton's fault. It's not every other quarterback who has been through that system's fault. It's the fault of the organization for not understanding what a quarterback needs."

Source: Chicago Tribune

2. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

lol he's most def right.

3. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

I was going to blow this off, but he has a point.

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

McNair's mother, Grossman's father, the wifes of Favre and Warner....

Ain't those guys old enough to talk for themselfs?

5. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

.......McNair can't.....

6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Damn, why did I wrote McNair, he sure can't speak for himself anymore :icon_redface:
    But it was McNabb, I was talking about :icon_redface:

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

He's right, any quarterback would look bad in Chicago right now.

8. blkngldbabe

blkngldbabe Come Get Some!

IT's not like he sought out the media to berate the handling of his son. :icon_rolleyes: He makes some very valid points to be fair.

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

he's right but i would rather hear it out of Rex's mouth instead of his dad. pretty weak. Rex probably doesn't want to burn any bridges in cases he needs another job someday.

10. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Ask Dan Grossman why Wrex is 3rd string for the Texans now?

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

This.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Where's Bubby Brister's Mom when you need her?!?

13. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston ¡Vamos Houston!

Da Bears will always be a run heavy offense. No QB will ever make it untill they change that mindset.
    I get why the bears are like that with the weather and the wind off the lake.
    Tebow would be they type of QB I would go for..
    You need a QB with nutts ... who can take a lick and keep on ticking.
    Chicago is a tough town.. the only guy that was tough enough was McMann but he was a crappy passer IMO aswell.

he's second string.. :icon_cool:

14. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Due injury?

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Last I checked the Bears had an average line, Matt Forte, and Greg Olsen. And a guy that could stretch the field.

This offense is far more loaded now than it ever was for Rex or Kyle. He's got a point for those guys, but don't try and cover Cutler's butt. I don't care who the heck he is, throwing 5 picks in a football game is ridiculous. The worst quarterbacks to ever play the game don't throw 5 picks in a game.

16. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Isn't he saying this as to say Rex isn't as bad as he seems... "hey look Cutler can't even make it there. It's the system, not the QB's". At least I assume that's the motivation.

17. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Yeah that's how I take it.