Rex Ryan Says Dolphins RB Reggie Bush Owes Apology To Darrelle Revis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SRW, Oct 24, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Rex Ryan isn't finished with Miami Dolphins running back Reggie Bush.

The New York Jets coach told reporters Wednesday he's still waiting for Bush to apologize to Darrelle Revis after suggesting the cornerback's season-ending knee injury was karmic payback for the Ryan's promise to pour "a little hot sauce" on Bush before their Week 3 showdown.

Bush injured his knee in the game but returned the following week. Revis, meanwhile, was lost for 2012.

Ryan told NFL.com and NFL Network's Kimberly Jones that Bush should mend fences with Revis. "They're peers," he said.

"I don't want an apology," Ryan said, per The Palm Beach Post. "I understand where Reggie's coming from. He was injured, and that's not good. It's obviously not good for him, and it's not good for the league. My comments, I certainly didn't mean that. I never want to hurt a player in this league. I've got a great deal of admiration for all the players that play in this league.

"I hope he understands my sincerity in the fact that Reggie Bush is such a player that we are going to pay special attention to him, and I got news for him, we're going to do it this week also. ... I certainly don't want to see him hurt, ever, but when he made the comments about Revis, obviously a guy that's lost for the season who is one of the guys that's great for this league, one of the elite players in this league, it's not good for anybody in the league to have him out."

Ryan said last month that Bush "misinterpreted" his hot-sauce soliloquy.

Source: NFL.com