Richard Sherman Says Falcons WR Roddy White Is 'An Easy Matchup'

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by SRW, Feb 17, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

A month after the Seahawks lost to the Falcons in the NFC divisional round, cornerback Richard Sherman has weighed in on Atlanta wideout Roddy White.

During an appearance on ESPN's NFL Live last week, Sherman called White "an easy matchup. He'll be another easy matchup next year. This is just fact.â€￾

Sherman expanded upon those thoughts Friday.

"[White's] strengths are in their system, within their system," the cornerback said. "His strengths aren't his own.

"Julio Jones' strengths are his own. Julio Jones is a dynamic playmaker. It doesn't matter what scheme he's playing in, he's going to play well. If he's out wide, if he's in the slot, he's going to present problems. Roddy can present problems for certain people, but he's a product."

OK, Richard, then how do you explain White's 47-yard touchdown reception in the third quarter of last month's playoff game? The one that came with you in coverage?

"During that game, for example, the play where he caught the touchdown, the touchdown wasn't really on me, to tell the truth," Sherman said. "But I'm not going to throw a teammate under the bus, because I'm not that kind of player. If that's what you guys want to say, I'll take it."

Sherman added that the Falcons keep White close to the formation to help him against press coverage. Or as Sherman put it: "The big, bad corners of Seattle."

Source: CBS Sports

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Says a guy who got caught cheating.

3. GreenFish11

GreenFish11 Special Teamer

I don't know if this guys head can get any bigger.

Clearly salty about that playoff game still. Good thing there's a rematch next season in ATL.

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

hes just mad roddy white scored a td on him and got powned

5. GreenFish11

I loved roddys reaction too... Immediately run over to him and start jawing off :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

6. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

I'm not gonna throw a teammate under the bus, but I am.

Idiot. Roids must have rotted his brain.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

What a freaking douche bag. I forget who here called the Roddy White TD on Sherman, but when it happened, it was awesome. Maybe [MENTION=2175]CaptainStubing[/MENTION]?

8. GreenFish11

Did anyone else see the twitter war between Revis and Sherman today lol?

9. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Sherman is better at trash talking.. Revis is better at playing

10. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

this guys mouth just keeps running

heres a new name for shermans blog

[​IMG]