Royal Rumble

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by Mike S., Dec 27, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

1st match results:
    1/29 Powell's WWE Royal Rumble PPV results and review: Royal Rumble match, C.M. Punk vs. Dolph Ziggler for the WWE Championship with John Laurinaitis as special ref, Daniel Bryan vs. Mark Henry vs. Big Show in a cage for the World Hvt. Championship

1. Daniel Bryan defeated Mark Henry and Big Show in a Triple Threat cage match for the World Heavyweight Championship in 9:10.

Powell's POV: Henry was very limited during the match. He was already reeling from a groin injury when he appeared to injure his knee at last week's Smackdown taping. Thus, that's the reason we saw so much Bryan vs. Show in the match. The post-match focus was on Bryan's celebration and the announcers saying Show came so close again. The live crowd was hot during the match and there was an early Daniel Bryan chant, but they were pretty flat after conclusion of the match, which felt like it came too soon.

2. SRW

There was a diva match after, anyone care? 2. Beth Phoenix, Natalya, and The Bella Twins defeated Tamina, Alicia Fox, Kelly Kelly, and Eve at 5:27.

Anyway, after the piss break we got Cena vs Kane:
    1/29 Shore's WWE Royal Rumble PPV results and review: C.M. Punk vs. Dolph Ziggler for the WWE Championship with John Laurinaitis as special ref, Daniel Bryan vs. Mark Henry vs. Big Show in a cage for the World Hvt. Championship, Royal Rumble match

3. John Cena fought Kane to a double count-out at 10:55.

Shore's Slant: The match was fine, so I'm rather disappointed at the ending. I think this is the least satisfying ending I could imagine. After seeing the Cena hype video I had given up on Cena "embracing the hate," but the fans booed him heavily when he saved Eve and cheered heavily when Kane hit the chokeslam. Not sure where they go from here, but there is little steam in this story.

3. SRW

Brodus Clay came out to his usual song and dance before squashing Drew McIntyre. Punk vs Ziggler next. So far this PPV has sucked...

4. SRW

Punk vs Ziggler Results:
    1/29 Powell's WWE Royal Rumble PPV results and review: Royal Rumble match, C.M. Punk vs. Dolph Ziggler for the WWE Championship with John Laurinaitis as special ref, Daniel Bryan vs. Mark Henry vs. Big Show in a cage for the World Hvt. Championship

5. C.M. Punk defeated Dolph Ziggler to retain the WWE Championship in 14:30 with John Laurinaitis as special ringside enforcer.

Powell's POV: As much as I enjoyed the Punk and Laurinaitis exchanges coming into the match, I felt like Big Johnny got in the way once the match started. The in-ring action was really good and I hope creative takes the necessary steps to make Dolph a top heel so that they don't have to rely on Laurinaitis, Vickie, or anyone else to help sell the match because Punk and Ziggler can deliver the most entertaining matches on the shows.

5. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

Results:

Daniel Bryan (c) retained the World Heavyweight Championship as he d. Mark Henry & Big Show in a Steel Cage Triple Threat match

Beth Phoenix, Brie Bella, Nikki Bella & Natalya d. Kelly Kelly. Eve Torres, Tamina & Alica Fox

John Cena vs Kane was ruled a double countout

Brodus Clay d. Drew McIntyre

CM Punk (c) retained the the WWE Championship as he d. Dolph Ziggler

30-man Royal Rumble Battle Royal:

[table="head"]Draw|Entrant|Exit Order|Eliminated by
    1|The Miz|24|Big Show
    2|Alex Riley|1|The Miz
    3|R Truth|2|The Miz
    4|Cody Rhodes|25|Big Show
    5|Justin Gabriel|4|Mick Foley
    6|Primo|3|Mick Foley
    7|Mick Foley|8|Cody Rhodes
    8|Ricardo Rodriguez|5|Santino
    9|Santino Marella|7|Cody Rhodes
    10|Epico|6|Mick Foley
    11|Kofi Kingston|18|Sheamus
    12|Jerry Lawler|9|Cody Rhodes
    13|Ezekiel Jackson|12|The Great Khali
    14|Jinder Mahal|11|The Great Khali
    15|The Great Khali|14|Cody Rhodes
    16|Hunico|16|Kharma
    17|Booker T|10|Cody Rhodes
    18|Dolph Ziggler|26|Big Show
    19|Jim Duggan|13|Cody Rhodes
    20|Michael Cole|15|Booker T & Jerry Lawler
    21|Kharma|17|Dolph Ziggler
    22|Sheamus|--|WINNER
    23|Road Dogg|19|Wade Barrett
    24|Jey Uso|20|Randy Orton
    25|Jack Swagger|23|Big Show
    26|Wade Barrett|21|Randy Orton
    27|David Otunga|22|Chris Jericho
    28|Randy Orton|28|Chris Jericho
    29|Chris Jericho|29|Sheamus
    30|Big Show|27|Randy Orton[/table]

For detailed results, go here

6. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Pleasantly surprised that Sheamus one. Him and Jericho put up a heck of a match when it came down to the last two. Shows how far the Celtic Warrior has come with his ring work since his debut.

7. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

I am not a fan of Sheamus, a lot of fans pissed/don't care he won and a few who do like it because it was a surprise. I guess after he won that stupid smackdown battle royal we should of known who was gonna win, but to be honest Hornswaggle should make his claim to be number 1 contender.

Oh well, it'll just be the opener between him vs Bryan Daniel for WM and then after his 4th failed title reign it will be back to normal.

8. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

LMFAO...I'm pissed, Sheamus REALLY? Would have rather seen just about ANYONE win it.