Russell Wilson's Late TD Helps Seahawks Beat Patriots 24-23

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by SRW, Oct 14, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Russell Wilson threw for a career-best 293 yards, and fired the game-winning touchdown to Sidney Rice with just over one minute left in regulation, sending the Seattle Seahawks over the New England Patriots, 24-23, in a Week 6 matchup.

Wilson ended 16-of-27 with three scores for the Seahawks (4-2), who beat their Sunday foes for the first time since 1993 and have taken four of their last five since a season-opening loss at Arizona.

Rice totaled 81 yards on three receptions, as Marshawn Lynch was held to 41 yards on 15 carries.

Tom Brady threw the football a career-high 58 times, completing 36 for a pair of touchdowns with two interceptions for the Patriots (3-3), whose two-game win streak was halted.

Wes Welker led all receivers with 138 yards and a TD on 10 catches, while Aaron Hernandez also posted a touchdown reception in defeat.

Source: Sports Network

2. SRW

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap1000000080247/Week-6-Patriots-vs-Seahawks-highlights]Week 6: Patriots vs. Seahawks highlights - NFL Videos[/ame]

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Taken down the Packers and Patriots...lol.

4. SRW

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap1000000080424/GameDay-Patriots-vs-Seahawks-highlights]GameDay: New England Patriots vs. Seattle Seahawks highlights - NFL Videos[/ame]

5. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

what is this? Backwards universe? Good teams sucking and generally bad teams doing good? Maybe the Mayans are right. The world is going to end. LOL

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

all that crap talking richard sherman did is just freaking pathetic.

shut up, play the game, go home.

7. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

He tweeted this after the game.
    [​IMG]

I really wish Tom wasn't so classy and responded with a pic of his own that consisted of him hanging out with his incredibly hot wife surrounded by his numerous game balls, MVP trophies, stacks of cash and his 3 super bowl rings. Would've made sense.

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Didn't Sherman just retaliate the crap talking? I thought Brady told Sherman and Thomas to 'see me after we (Pats) win the game' or something like that.

9. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Yeah, Brady told Sherman and Earl Thomas to "see me after the game" when Sherman kept stating that he was going to get a pick (had several in his hands in the 1st half that he couldn't haul in). Brady smirked and told them to see him after the game.

Brady can be smug, and a bit of an butt at times (see the 17 pts quip before SB42). It's trash talk, it happens on the field, just because we've never heard of Sherman (2nd year guy) before doesn't mean he's a sleazy little punk. I find it hilarious. Bragging rights. They won.