Ryan Clady Says He Wants To Retire With Broncos

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by SRW, Apr 20, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Ryan Clady, the Broncos' designated franchise player in 2013, has not signed his one-year $9.8 million franchise tag offer, and is not working out at team facilities. The Boise State product tells Les and Tom Nalen of ESPN Denver 102.3 FM that the ball is in John Elway's court.

"There's no message in it," Clady said on not signing his franchise tag and rehabbing at Dove Valley. "You would have to ask Elway or someone in the front office what their plans for me are."

John Elway and the Broncos reportedly haven't had contract talks with Clady and his representative since July of last year, when they made him a $50 million offer. Clady can say there is no message behind his pseudo-holdout, but really the message is clear: he wants a long-term deal.

But until either Clady or the Broncos bend on his contract status, the fans remain in limbo, hoping that their star left tackle will indeed get the opportunity to retire in orange and blue.

"I love the city & organization, it's been nothing but good to me. I would definitly like to retire a Bronco."

Source: Denver Post