Saints DE Charles Grant Upset Over Fan Reaction To Loss

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Dec 27, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Defensive end Charles Grant expressed his disappointment with fans who showered the New Orleans Saints with boos and expletives as they left the field Sunday. "Right now, what's heartache for me ... when you walk off that field and you've got guys out there playing their balls to the wall, and you've got folks in the stands screaming and hollering, 'Y'all (expletive) suck,' you know, you don't do that," Grant said. "This team has worked harder than anybody I've been around for eight years. This group of men in the locker room, they work hard in the offseason. They do everything to be accountable to each other. Hey, look, we're 13-2 right now, we've still got a chance to go to Carolina and be 14-2. The New Orleans Saints ain't never been 14-2. I mean, we know what we have to do as a team. But stuff like that ticks people off. Players don't want to hear that after they got out there and played over a 60-minute ball game. Don't be a bandwagon (fan). Don't jump on and jump off. Don't do that. That ticks me off."

Source:
    The Times Picayune

2. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

Fans suck. Stay home if you want to get drunk and make an butt out of yourself.

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Yeah that's pretty classless.

4. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

I'm with him. That's crapty. The Saints were playing hard.

5. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

but we lost to the BUCS......the freaking BUCS!!!!!!!!

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

but i still agree with............

6. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

Charles Grant is righy...the Saints fans are the some of the most fairweather folks in any sports. Check out the honets basketball forum hornets.com and you'll see why? Saints faan really show there true colors.

7. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Yep.....:icon_cheesygrin:

8. New Orleans is just in a little slump right now. And the fans do pay good hard earned money to come see their team play, but that doesn't excuse their behavior they displayed today. No disrespect intended, but Grant is right.

The Saints have never started at 13-2, they should be grateful their team is in the position they are right now. They still have a good chance at clinching home field through out the NFC playoffs which is something the Saints have never done before either I believe.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

but, but the saints fans have ben called the bestest, most loyal, nicest ever by the media since the saints started playing great ? oh how the mighty have fallen.

10. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

bandwagon fans they are kind of like most cardinals fans last year.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

neither are bandwagon fans, they are fair weathered. can't say that i blame either fanbase for it really.

maybe grant just needs a better tampon ?

12. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i would probably have booed them too but not because of bad play ............... i would have booed them for ruining any chance of a Saints Super Bowl by actually setting 16-0 as a team goal, knowing that once they lost, their chances of internal implosion would be greatly increased. they may have screwed themselves by all of that bullcrap and negative news like this could be all we hear about the saints for the next few weeks.