Saints LB Scott Shanle Says Bounty Scandal Is Overblown

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Jun 5, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Saints linebacker Scott Shanle said the NFL has as blown the bounty issue out of proportion in an effort to scare the rest of the league straight, reports the New Orleans Times-Picayune. Former New Orleans Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams has been suspended indefinitely by the NFL for what the league says was an deliberate attempt to injury players. “Gregg said crazy stuff,†Shanle said. “If you take him literally, you’re gonna be locked up. But he was the best motivator I’ve ever been around. There’s been this picture painted that (suspended linebacker Jonathan) Vilma was standing in front of the defense before every game picking out players to go after and offering money,†Shanle said. “It was blown up to be something more than it is.†Defenders Vilma, Anthony Hargrove, Will Smith and Scott Fujita all have been suspended by the NFL for various lengths because of the bounty scandal. Shanle said that if Williams is tarnished because of the scandal it would be a shame. “If we have a Super Bowl reunion in 10 years or 20 years, I want him to be there celebrating with us,†Shanle said.

Source: Sports Illustrated

2. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

pretty much what i think.....pay-for-performance? yes. bounty program with intent to injury? no.

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

While I do think its being overblown, I also don't think its as simple or innocent as this.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket