Saints Lose Three Players To Injury In Loss Vs Redskins

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Sep 9, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Saints starting lineup took a few severe hits on the injury front to key players on both offense and defense.

The most serious injury appeared to be the one suffered by cornerback Johnny Patrick, who needed help off the field and was then carted into the locker room. So far his injury is unspecified but it was his right leg, or possibly right ankle. He will be getting an MRI tomorrow.

Scott Shanle walked into the locker room with an injured left leg just before the first half and never returned to the field.

Devery Henderson was also shaken up following a head injury, which had him down on the ground for a while and required trainers to help him off the field.

Source: SBNation.com

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

guess we will be signing AA back to another contract. This game hurt in more ways than one.

3. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

we need a WR that can get some separation....heck it, bring Ocho in for a workout

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

can't argue with success. One bad year out of many. I say bring him in also.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i think everyone was curious to see how the saints would play after all of the off-season drama. obviously, i'm not really making a stunning revelation when i say that the saints really looked bad yesterday. brees was not sharp. their defense couldn't stop anything. their o-line was horrible.

the redskins and RG3 looked SO good yesterday, but i don't think they're actually that good. I think the Saints just made them look good and this could be a very rough year in the Bayou unless they figure things out and fast.

6. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

I think the Saints will still be okay. People jump to conclusions after week 1. The Eagles struggled against the Browns. The Packers didn't look themselves at home against the Niners. Kevin Kolb led the Cardinals back to a win, and the Broncos looked like the Colts..under Manning..playing.

Injuries hurt. Especially to a defense that struggles, as it is. Devery will probably miss Sunday, and be back the week after. The offense wasn't clicking. But I think it will be okay. They're going to miss Payton, but I still think this is a playoff team. The talent is still there.

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, i also think there is talent there, but every team has talent. if i had to bet at this point, i would say there's a high likelihood of the saints season being a disappointment (sub .500).

We will see how it turns out.

8. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I wouldn't mind Ocho in a Saints jersey. Just imagine what Drew Brees could do with Ocho on one side Colston on the other and Moore in the slot.

Nightmare for any D.