Scientist Claims Immortality Within Reach

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by markaz, Jul 5, 2015.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

A visiting American research scientist says he is close to discovering a 'cure' for ageing, that he could have a drug ready for testing by the end of next year.Molecular Biologist Dr Bill Andrews told TV ONE's SUNDAY programme that humans shouldn't have to suffer from the ravages of ageing. He says that ageing is a disease that should, and could be cured.

His research centres around Telomeres - small caps at the end of our chromosomes that become shorter every time our cells divide.When they become critically short, we age and eventually die. Dr Andrews believes that he can find a small molecule that will trigger the production of Telomerase in the body, which will lengthen the Telomeres and stop, or even reverse the ageing process. If he's successful, he says we could all end up looking and feeling 24 years old again.

Is he onto something here? His detractors in the scientific community claim that he's just the latest in a long line of quacks and charlatans who've claimed to have found the Fountain of Youth or a miracle cure of aging but Dr Bill says the science is on his side. The 63-year-old American believes that he could live till he's 150.

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/scientist-claims-immortality-within-reach-6352840

This means I could be a great great great great great grandpa. No thanks.

Diesel44 likes this.
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Wonder if you could give it to a kid and keep them young. If I can feel 24, is keep my kids little for a long time. It's depressing that they grow up...

3. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I want to be remembered as that raving ole lunatic cubs/redskins fan that lived on the last house on the right on hamilton lane after i die. people will say," they never won shirt,but that ole bastard never gave up on them!" lol

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

So they can move the retirement age to 100? 120? No, thanks.

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I see where this world is heading. I don't want to hang out much longer.

6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm