Seahawks Contacts QB Matt Leinart During Lockout

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by Sweets, May 12, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Former Heisman winner Matt Leinart has apparently found an NFL team thats interested in him. The old USC quarterback who played as the third-string QB of the Houston Texans last season, was reportedly contacted by his former coaches team. The LA DAILY NEWS reports the Seahawks spoke to Leinart about playing for the team in 2011. Which is great, except its illegal for teams to contact players during the lockout.

Source: Ben Maller

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i actually think hed do moderately well there running that offense. i think they should get v. jackson or chad johnson or TO to play with mike williams though

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Carroll thinks he can get all Mike Williams with anyone now, eh?

4. K Train

ive actually been surprised about his lack of interest in USC players...thought there would be a ton of lienart interest, reggie bush trade rumors, dwayne jarrett, i thought hed draft taylor mays and he took earl thomas, same with palmer, john david booty. he kinda seems like he knows what hes doing and hes not just bringing in his boys.

hes got mike williams, and then who? tatupu and jackson who were both there before him

5. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Carroll trying to put his 2003 USC team back together in the NFL? If they sign Reggie Bush too Imma crap.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

That would be something wouldn't it!

I like the idea of V.Jack there. Not sure about T.O.

7. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Carroll knows what he is doing and getting guys that fit his system. He didn't get Mays but kind of took a similar player in Chancellor.

8. Carroll knows that what worked at USC won't in the NFL.

The only former USC player he signed in Seattle that panned out was Mike Williams. Carroll cut LenDale White only after a month because of a potential drug suspension.

9. K Train

exactly...guess take #2 he really learned and improved on from the first stint in the NFL. i respect it

10. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Not always a bad idea

Jimmy Johnson did it with us and his old Cane's players

But then again Johnsons Cane's >>> Carrols Trojans

11. Jihad Joe

If they can get someone fast to compliment Williams and play Tate out of the slot, they could have a nice WR core

Im pulling for Williams and all, but I really dont see more from him then Keyshawn Lite. A 70 for 700 guy

12. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

I agree about Williams. With about 8-10 tds.

13. Jihad Joe

Thats one thing that surprised me about Key later in his career. Big, surehanded target, ran great routes. Absolutly invisible in the redzone.

He had that one year in TB where he had almost 115 catch's, and like 2 TD's

14. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

yep haha. Same thing with Mike Williams last year only 2 TDS.

15. soopacee

soopacee Rookie

i think leinart has tons of potential....the nfl gives up on qb's too quick after throwin them to the wolves....look at poor Jimmy Clausen....give these kids a chance

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Maybe they spoke with him in the brief time the lockout was lifted...couldn't be possible?

17. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Leinart looked pretty solid his rookie year. Then I think they tweaked his mechanics and it went down hill from there.