Seahawks Fire Head Coach Jim Mora

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by MediaGuy, Jan 8, 2010.

1. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

The Seahawks have fired head coach Jim Mora after just one year, FOXSports.com has learned. Mora took over a 4-12 team, and this year's squad was decimated by injuries and had to endure a general manager leaving during the year. The Seahawks finished 5-11 this year, third place in the NFC West. Jim Mora becomes the shortest tenured head coach in team history.

Source: Fox Sports

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Good luck Jim.

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Wow, he didn't get much of a chance.

4. MediaGuy

Word is USC's Pete Carroll will be hired. But they gotta go through the Rooney Rule process first.

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

When you constantly run with Julius Jones rather than a guy who was playing like a top 3 back in Forsett, bad things will happen.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

They look to be interviewing Leslie Frazier to settle the Rooney rule.

6. MediaGuy

Word is Leslie said Thanks, but no Thanks.

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

8. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Have they tried to trick, I mean "talk" Bill Cowher into taking the job yet?

9. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

teams are getting ridiculous firing their head coaches...1 year doesn't give anyone a chance...this is a joke

10. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

wow. i wasn't expecting this.

11. alkaholik

alkaholik Jack Daniels is my god

Mora has been with the Seahawks more than 1 year.

I called out his coaching tatics and motivational ways that were not working earlier this year, calling out the kicker in public WHEN ITS YOUR OFFENSE WHO COULDNT PUT THE DAMN BALL IN THE ENDZONE TIME AFTER TIME.

turns out the team had a mutiny against mora, most likely because of those BS motivational ways which DID NOT WORK.

Mora tried too hard and cut his own head off, i think he would fit much better as a college coach.

12. Game on.

He decided to interview for the Seattle job this weekend after all.

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Mora has been the head coach since 2009, he was the assistant head coach and the defensive back coach in 2007-2008.

14. MediaGuy

Sucker changed his mind, or somebody jumped the gun.

15. alkaholik

alkaholik Jack Daniels is my god

yea he was our DB coach too and put our secondary at the bottom of the league in 2008, nothing changed when he moved up a role to HC in 2009.

He was just a bad coach, he cannot communicate with his players or make them properly respond to sub-performace or motivation.

When a mutiny happens, you obviously didnt take enough control or get across to your players.

I still think he could be a much better college FB HC

16. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

I think he was hecked. He should have had more time to try to put something together.

17. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I thought he'd get more than a year. On PTI, the rumor was about Pete Carroll (didn't read entire thread if it was mentioned already).

18. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

19. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

He was screwed. sure the team didnt do well. but, most of that falls on Matt Hasselbeck 4 running in2 the endzone. when they all knew he is the key to a good year for them.

damn you Matt.

hope your head gets cut 2.

:tsk:

20. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

lol at pete carroll