Seahawks Fire Offensive Coordinator Jeremy Bates

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 18, 2011.

1. NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reports the Seahawks have fired offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates. It's a shocking move -- and especially odd considering the timing. Bates schooled highly regarded Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams in the Wild Card round playoff upset with a masterful game plan. The Seahawks offense was nothing special during the regular season, but Bates was working with a talent deficit at every position. Perhaps coach Pete Carroll has a crony lined up to take Bates' place.

Source: Michael Lombardi: Twitter.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2011
  2. Carroll wants to bring in Josh McDaniels......I know it.

3. And McDaniels fits the bill of a "crony"......

4. Like I said.....I freaking knew it......

Adam Schefter: Twitter.com

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, i don't think it's shocking as if bates did a 'great' job this year or anything ......... he did 'alright' with what he had but there may be better options for carroll

6. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

i wouldnt be mad if the Chiefs pick up Bates. he did have a nice year calling plays. i was at the KC @ Hawks game...his players just had lack of excution and a solid Chiefs D he called against.

7. This would make the Seattle fan base very happy......and probably the best overall choice imo. Jim Zorn returning to Seattle would be a good P.R. move as well.

Adam Schefter: Twitter.com