Seahawks HC Pete Carroll Says NFL Should Consider Medicinal Marijuana As A Means Of Treatment

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by DaBears22, Jan 27, 2014.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll agrees with the notion that the NFL should look into medicinal marijuana as a means of taking the best possible care of its players, Dan Graziano of ESPN.com reports.

While not explicitly coming out in favor of it, Carroll answered a question about NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's recent comments on the topic by making it clear he thinks it's an avenue worth pursuing.

"I would say that we have to explore and find ways to make our game a better game and take care of our players in whatever way possible," Carroll said at a news conference Monday following his team's first practice of Super Bowl week. "Regardless of what other stigmas might be involved, we have to do this because the world of medicine is doing this."

Source: The Redzone

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Oh boy...I think I just hear Goddell's top pop!!

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I read an article where Kyle Turley said that instead of taking pills for the pain playing football has brought on him, he would rather smoke pot. It dulls the pain without the side effects pain pills have and the potential of being hooked on them.

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I did a research paper in college about cannibus sativa. The stupid I found was astounding. I mean the Chinese uses used thousands of years ago and analgesic. It's anatural analgesic. Tylenol is a chemical analgesic that freaks your liver up. You can get thc delivered into the body by many ways not just smoking it.