Seahawks Held A Private Workout With QB Jimmy Clausen

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by SRW, Apr 11, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen went through a three-hour private workout for the Seattle Seahawks Friday, according to NFL.com's Gil Brandt. Clausen left his pro day workout in front of a number of scouts and went directly to a private workout for Seattle offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates and quarterback coach Jeff Fisch. Clausen did throwing drills and did not run the 40-yard dash since he has been recovering from toe surgery this offseason and hadn't worked out for teams until Friday.

Source:
    Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2010
  2. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

:icon_cheesygrin:

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

You happy Joe?

4. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Very much so. Clausen is awesome and a perfect fit for our offense.

5. Trueseablue

Trueseablue Nickle Player

:wavebye:Matt H. is gone if Jimmy C. is drafted. Alot of people think this is a smoke screen. I see it as possible but not probable.Some are saying we are shopping the 14 pick for a 2nd this year and a 1st next.That tells me we may try to trade both for the #1 overall next to get that "OTHER" QB.IMHO

6. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Nah, I think we got Charlie Whitehurst in because Washington and St Louis were gonna take the top 2 QBs. Now Washington has got Donovan McNabb, Clausen drops to us. It would be stupid to pass it up.

7. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

Would be a great fit and would be a great pick for Seattle

8. Trueseablue

Trueseablue Nickle Player

:icon_cool:
    :icon_cool:I saw that too. Humor me with us grabbing a LT and trading #14 for a 2nd this and a 1st next to get the #1 overall next year is a likely thought pattern.Plus I just don't see us keeping all that money on the roster in 1 position...one will have to go and being we are on a youth kick and just putting paper in Charlies pocket,...that would leave Matt odd man out.If so I hope we get something for him,...maybe after the draft a 3rd next.Don't get me wrong I would love to see Matt return to '07 form with a running game ,take us back to the POs. GO SEAHAWKS!!

9. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Davis or Brown should be available with your second #1, and both will be quality LT's in the NFL. Brown is probobly the best pass blocker in the draft.

IMO if you guys want a quality LT in the first, you can easily afford to not take on @ #6

10. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

I'm with JJ, Clausen at #6 and Brown (so Carroll can get his USC fix) at #14.

That's how you build a team!

11. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Please. Take him. Then I won't have to worry about these unfounded rumors of the Browns wanting him at 7.