Seahawks Negotiating With DE Aaron Kampman?

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by SRW, Mar 5, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Three of the Green Bay Packers' veteran starters became unrestricted free agents late Thursday night, and one of them may already have a suitor. Adam Schefter of ESPN reported the Seattle Seahawks "will make a major run" at pass rusher Aaron Kampman, and the Chicago Sun-Times' Sean Jensen reported Seattle already may be working on a deal with Kampman's agent. Philadelphia, Chicago and Detroit also have been rumored as destinations for Kampman, although two of those might not end up being options.

Source: Green Bay Press Gazette

2. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

I don't know how I feel about this.

I thought we were after Peppers?

Are we attempting to get both?

3. Paintballer8791

Paintballer8791 Paintballer For Life

I never heard about the seahawks getting peppers also you may want kampman he is younger and will come cheaper so that means more cap to sign other players, and he may even come cheaper than usual because he played some differently last year then he normally did so that may lower the price

4. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

I get that, but he's pretty much the same kind of player as Kerney.

5. Paintballer8791

yeah but younger and probably more productive I don't see where peppers is going to do a ton more than kampman, maybe some more production but not as much as some people make it out to be

6. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Peppers commands constant double teams which will free up one-on-ones for our other guys.

7. Paintballer8791

and you don't think kampman will?

8. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

I like Kampman but i would be a little worried about how he is now coming back from injury. He could be a steal or he could also be a player that could see limited play