Seahawks Stun Packers 14-12 On Controversial Last-Second TD

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by SRW, Sep 24, 2012.

1. FamousGuy909

FamousGuy909 Ticket Scalper

well, the old refs work for the NFL part time, 6 months a year, get paid 200k during that time, 33k per game plus benefits, WTF< thats not enough? give me a break, you get what you get ref!!! stay LOCKED OUT

2. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

WOW!!! Honestly, the Packers definitely got robbed tonight, but since I'm a die-hard Bears fan, I find it absolutely hilarious!! :laughy32: But seriously folks, the scabs got to go!!! :wave2:

3. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

That call last night was probably one of the worst if not the worst calls of all time. Seriously I mean it was so bad I'm starting to think Vince Russo is in charge of the replacement refs. Goddell honestly if you don't pay the real refs whatever the heck they want then resign because right now you are basically turning one of the few things in life I actually enjoy into a big freaking joke!

4. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I'm shocked that this isn't what the head official said last night after the review. Seriously, I didn't see this game but CLEARLY, in front of 2 officials Jennings has the ball. Because Tate is touching it doesn't mean he caught it. And how does he not get an offensive pass interference call? I hate to be the one to say it but Rog is going to stick by these guys and this call and ain't crap gonna change.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i just watched the 2nd half of the game this morning and, yep, the packers got jobbed.

and, yep, the refs have no control over these games.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Biggest job since Bret Hart got hecked at Wrestlemania.

The thing that really freaking gets me about the Packers getting royally hecked here is that this play goes upstairs to the replay booth and those jerkoffs, that AREN'T replacement officials, said the call on the field was good. CLEARLY it was not!!!! It's pretty much as clear as day that it was an interception.

Now lets say that the last wild card spot comes down to the Seahawks and Packers (totally possible,) the Packers are going to get hecked even harder...

It's bullcrap!! TOTAL BULLCRAP! Every game, every week is just becoming more and more about the officials instead of the actual game...it's an embarrassment. They can't administrate a game worth a crap.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

TJ Lang‏@TJLang70
    https://twitter.com/TJLang70

8. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

[MENTION=1533]86WARD[/MENTION]

Even though it's complete BS, the call was simultaneous possession, which is not review-able.

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The "OLD" ref that raised his arms for a TD was behind the play and didn't even see who had the ball, after he raised the TD signal he then looked at the ref that was toward the back of the end zone like " it was a TD right?"...don't signal if you're not sure or didn't see who actually had the ball...doofus

10. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

11. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Where'd you get your number? I've seen NBA officials making about 200k a season.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  12. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's a scoring play. It's reviewable. Simultaneous possession or not. It actually went to the replay booth...the call was confirmed as a TD.

Also, there were also two separate calls on the field. There should've been a huddle of the referees to make the right call. That didn't happen. As a result, the integrity of the game is even more at stake. Not that it wasn't already ...

Where are all the owners now? Jerry Jones basically comes out today and flips the bird to the fans by saying he hasn't seen the play? He was sleeping? Really Jerry? FREAK YOU!

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

And they both looked like neither wanted to overturn the call...

14. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

the result is final

from a statement i just read from the NFL

15. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, on mike and mike this morning, they were citing article 17 of the league rules which gives the commish the options to change the result of a game under extraordinary circumstances.

however, through the years, there have been many games that have been blown by the refs (by the regular refs no less) and they're never changed the score so it won't happen in this case either.

16. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

As Sweets mentioned, making a change now would weaken their position regarding the real refs.

17. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Kinda like the pats letting the ravens run and throw all over them? The packers def played pretty well for most of the games...as did the seahawks. The packers played to win..stopped them on fourth down even, just to get hosed on the roughing the passer on the interception, and the pass interference call on shields, plus the td call. We did our part on defense if you ask me..it was our Offense that was out muscled.

18. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

It is reviewable if the play takes place in the endzone. They just botched the call, plain and simple.

19. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Of course - hes still salty that the hawks kicked the cowboys butt. Not to mention hes not going to help an nfc opponent try to get another win. If he can help keep gb out of the playoffs potentially..hes not going to give his fair opinion of the game.

20. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

i dont think its out of the question that the ref that raised his hands td had golden taint on his fantasy team