Seahawks The Broncos' Answer To The Brandon Marshall Dilemma?

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by SRW, Mar 21, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Mike Klis of the Denver Post writes that in the Seattle Seahawks' acquisition of restricted free agent quarterback Charlie Whitehurst from the San Diego Chargers, the Denver Broncos have an answer to their Brandon Marshall problem: Sign him, and trade him to Seattle. Klis suggests that Marshall won't sign the tender until he's assured that he's being traded, and that the Broncos could take the second of Seattle's two first-round picks for Marshall, or could even take Seattle's second-round pick (now the 60th pick overall) and one of the Seahawks' two fourth-round picks for Marshall. Another trade possibility is the Seahawks packaging restricted free agent interior offensive linemen Rob Sims and Chris Spencer, together, or separately along with a draft pick, for Marshall.

Source: Denver Post

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2010
  2. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Seriously, I don't care how, get him in.

He's like, my second favorite receiver in the NFL (Calvin Johnson #1)

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Offensive line needs to be #1 on the priority list.

And it would be pretty ballsy for Carroll to bring in a problem child like that in his first year.

4. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

We have two picks in the first. One for Marshall, one for OL.

Bulaga/Williams at 6 or Brown at 14.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

So the Seahawks only need one offensive linemen?

Not from what I've seen.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

And I know you can get players in the 2nd and 3rd and yada yada... I just think it would be wise to get two top tier prospects in the organization this year.

6. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Alex Gibbs builds his offensive lines from mid round picks with high intelligence that he can use in his ZBS.

He's our line coach. Simples?

7. alkaholik

alkaholik Jack Daniels is my god

dont think its happenin unless its the 2nd and a 4th....seahawks drafting a safety and olineman in the 1st i bet...but hell, who knows at this point

8. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Didn't the Seahawks say they don't want Brandon Marshall?

9. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

No, they said they won't give up #6 overall for him (Seattle's natural 1st rounder). I think they were considering #14.

10. DaBearsrule4ever

I think Marshall is worth giving up the 6th overall pick for. If the Broncos will take the 14th overall pick for Marshall, thats a pretty good steal for the Seahawks.

11. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

I think he's worth #6 overall too.

This article says they could give up #60 and a fourth.

I can see us doing #14 and a fourth.

12. DaBearsrule4ever

If thats what the Broncos want in return, I wouldn't even need 5 seconds to think about that one.