Seahawks WR Golden Tate Now Admits He Pushed Off

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by Sweets, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

In the wake of Monday's Hail Mary, Seahawks wide receiver Golden Tate says he's been inundated with reaction via every form of social media. Much of it has been anti-social, Danny O'Neil of the Seattle Times reports.

"If I mentioned those words, it would be bleeps, bleeps, bleeps," he said. "Some nasty stuff. It's mean. I've been called a cheater. I don't have any dignity. I'm not a Christian. A lot of hurtful things. I just pray on it and continue to live my life."

"A lot of people would just like for me to come out and say, 'I did not catch that ball,' " Tate said incredulously.

He won't do that, but Tate does concede that he pushed Green Bay defender Sam Shields, as was clearly visible in the replay.

"The evidence shows on the film," Tate said. "But I never had intentions on cheating. I wasn't trying to cheat. I was competing, it was in the moment. Things are happening so quick. I honestly didn't even notice I did. I didn't try to hurt him or push him down to the ground, but it happened. It was just a reaction kind of thing. ...

"As far as pushing the defender, I was caught up in the moment, playing football. At that point, it was just like backyard football — find a way to get the ball. I didn't intentionally try to shove him to the ground."

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  2. smeags

smeags militant geek

3. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

I wasn't trying to cheat. I was competing

thats pete carrols for ya

do they slap a sign that says that when they head out on the feild

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

It's good that you're not still bitter.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Wonder what Tate will do this week to be in the news...

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I sure hope he doesn't try and spring a runner for a block or do everything he can for a game-winning TD.

God knows, he might be hated more than LeBron.

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i love golden tate now......and lebron

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Me too!

9. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

He just admitts, what everbody saw on TV....

10. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i dont know but i hope its something

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm looking forward to it!