Second Half Collapse Leads Steelers To 20-10 Loss To Bengals

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Sep 16, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Steelers hung in with the Bengals for 30 minutes, but another anemic night for the offense and two key mistakes led to a Bengals 20-10 win in Paul Brown Stadium.

The loss puts the Steelers at 0-2 for the first time since the 2002 season, a year in which Bill Cowher wound up turning to Tommy Maddox to take over for Kordell Stewart.

It was in the third quarter, tied at 10, that the Bengals won the game when QB Andy Dalton hit Giovani Bernard down the middle for a 27-yard touchdown.

The offense for the Steelers was for the most part, bad. They scored one TD, and that was late in the first half to tie the game when Derek Moye caught his first NFL TD with 1:54 left in the half.

Source: Steelers Gab

[ame="http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000246099/Week-2-Steelers-vs-Bengals-highlights"]Week 2: Steelers vs. Bengals highlights - NFL Videos[/ame]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Oh, i don't know If i would say the steelers collapsed. I just think the better team imposed their will.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not sure you watched the game? Bengals weren't all that much better than the Steelers put there...I was actually a little disappointed in Cincinnati's performance. I have them winning the AFC North and they weren't good yesterday.

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I thought the Bengals would be a little better too, they should still win the division\ though.

5. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Steelers 0-2 for the first time since Tomlin took over as HC.

Steelers had the ball for 12 drives. Didn't make a first down in 7 of them.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Soon to be 0-3. They probably won't win until after the bye week. Could have a slight chance against the Vikings but if Minnesota just runs AD, they won't stop him.

7. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Big Ben seems to have a bad habit of throwing the ball too high.he is great when he is on,and elusive and hard to tackle at times,he just has'nt been himself the last two seasons,in my view.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

The WRs haven't helped.

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

oh, i'm not saying the bengals were that dominant (yes, i watched most of the game). they were just the better team on the field last night. the word 'collapse' to me indicates one team 'gave' the game away with multiple turnovers or something. that's not what i saw. the steelers just looked like a worse team than the bengals.

on a related note, something i started thinking about today ........... will todd haley make it through the season? it seems many of the offensive players have never truly embraced him or his strategies. will the 'haley watch' start soon?