Secondary Again Hinges On Free Safety

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Omen, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

After posting one of the top five defenses in the NFL for most of last season, the wheels came off for the Cowboys in the final five games. The Cowboys not only were giving up points (30.4 per game in that stretch), but yards as well. Five of their six highest opponent yard totals last season occurred in the final five games. And most of the blame went to the Cowboys' secondary, which had trouble defending the big plays down the stretch.

Source: Nick Eatman, DallasCowboys.com

Hopefully the infusuin of some new players ans new style will bring back that D to what it used to be

2. FZ06

FZ06 Random Guy

Ooooh boy, TJ is SO gonna kill me for this...

Ok, I'm not saying Roy Williams is over-rated... but come on, he can't do it all, and he HAS been exposed to be weak in coverage. He needs a good partner at S, since the rest of the D seams to be just in place...

Oh, some actual pass rush would help, too.

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

We're getting a better pass rush this year. I wrote about it on my blog...look for "Cowboys' new D".

4. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

Dallas D may improve this year but the big question for me surrounds Romo - can he play as well as he did last year

5. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i too imnot to worried about the d sine we got hamlin even though i think watkins will pan out in the next years

but romo has got me holding my breath

6. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

With JC at the helm for us we are in totally the same boat