Should NY Giants Ask Fans To Stay Home?

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by 49erGenius, Jan 21, 2008.

1. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

With the success they're having and opportunity to win the Superbowl without their fans, think the Giants should ask their fans not to go to the Superbowl? I know that is not going to happen, but what if the Giants were to take out an ad in the New York papers and say 'Giant fans need not to attend the Superbowl, we got the situation handled.'?

2. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

3. frost

frost Irreverent Bastard

I think he means because they are 10-1 on there road.

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Seriously...you sould try it some time.

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

They had their fans at the Packer game and won, I don't think their fans are going to bring them bad luck or lose them the game in Arizona.

6. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

Giants have had to do it on the road without their fans. Well, there is hope a lot of Giant fans might storm the ticket agency and snatch all the tickets before the Pats fans.:icon_cheesygrin: But I'm sure the Superbowl wants to be equal in Ny/NE to have their fans in attendance. Then again, I remember the Steelers had 90% of their fans in Detroit that distracted Seattle. It was like a home game for them.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

well that didnt work ofr the eagles in 04. we outnumbered the pats fans 6 to 1.

8. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

First of all the average die hard Giant fan will NOT be at the Super Bowl. The average Joe that has had season tickets for years and works on the docks some where in Jersey will NOT be traveling to Arizona to watch the Super Bowl because he won't have the funds or availibilty to tickets.
    The main fans that are at the Super Bowl will be corporate ticket holders and winners and friends and family of NFL etc etc etc....
    I know there is a site out there that shows where all the tickets go but I can tell you this that there are not enough tickets made available to the average fan to make a difference at the game. Cheers will be from bandwagon fans who choose a team that day or week. So the thought of putting an ad in a New York paper is just....how can I say this nicely?......Stupid.

9. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

Good post doug

10. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Love that song.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

season ticket holders go into a lottery - not sure of the number be it is signifigant. non season ticket holders can also get tickets. the teams in the super bowl have control on how they pass out their tickets and i'll tell you this, the steeler fans and eagles absolutely overtook those two super bowls and absolutely where in large enough numbers to be well herd.

when there's a will there's a way.

12. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Not sure about the Eagles but I know the Steelers have a huge fan base across the country and that makes a difference also. I still say the average fan that packs Giants stadium won't be the ones going to the Bowl. There may be Giants fans there and maybe more than I would guess but it won't be the ones that are at the home games on average.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

like the steelers the eagles have a ton of transplants. a lot of which are in florida so it wasn't a surprise to see the turnout in jacksonville. most were average fans too. (we only make it the the big dance once every 20yrs so we jump at the chance ...)

pennsy is different than some states though - football is life here so we aren't typical fans.

i wouldn't be surprised to see a good turnout for both fanbases for this game. it's kind of an extention of the yankees/red sox rivalry.

14. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Good points. I can see that extension too but I still think the original thought of telling Giants fans to stay away is silly.

15. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

I agree. Plus both teams are from financially well to do cities where the extended fanbase can afford to travel across country.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

oh i agree 100%. :icon_cheesygrin:

17. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

The point I brought up was the Giants have won on the road, right? well, how many have actually followed on the Giants? General rule of thumb in the NFL is when you go on the road, your home crowd is not seen at the opposing stadum because that stadium already sold out with 'their fans.' Plus, what if there is some sort of good luck for the Giants to be on the road without the home crowd going into their finicky mood when Eli makes a mistake or the Giants make mistakes? New York crowd is unmerciful if you even sneeze wrong. :rollinglaugh:

Maybe having the rival crowd razzing the Giants gives them some kind of hope, who knows?

18. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I could see what you meant by the first post genius it just didn't make sense. Sorry....maybe one in ten thousand people might agree with that point of view. I just guess they aren't here on this board.

19. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

Agreed!

20. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

I definitely agree. Try it, you'll love it.