Should Tom Cable Be The Head Coach?

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by russian.tank, Dec 31, 2008.

1. russian.tank

russian.tank BruceAlmighty2010

It is clear that that Tom Cable wants to be the head coach of the Oakland Raiders. The question is: should he be the head coach of a glorious franchise in the midst of resurrection?

The argument for: Tom Cable won his last 2 games over a streaking Houston team that was on a 4 game winning streak, and on the road over a struggling, yet fighting for their playoff lives Tampa team. Cable would also ensure continuity for developing QB JaMarcus Russell and RB Darren McFadden. He is supported by the players in the locker room.

The argument against: Cable did go 4-8, including tough losses vs KC and @ San Diego. Davis likes the NY Giants OC Kevin Gilbride, because of the success of the Giants using a three-RB system which he would mirror with Fargas, Bush, and Run-DMC; and the development and progress of Eli Manning, which he would do with Russell.

My thoughts: Cable did show head coaching ability the last two weeks, especially keeping the Raiders from slipping against the Bucs. The calm of Russell, being down by 10 with 10 mins left to play after a huge int, reflects Cable's job. For the sake of continuity, Davis should hire Cable, hoping that he will use the three RB's efficiently next year.

2. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

Yes Cable did a decent job but this is the time to bring some one in with Pro Head coaching exp. Some one like Marty. Some one who can give us an Identity and has experience with a young QB with potential. Gilbride does fit the description being with the giants but being an OC is totally different from head coaching. Im tired of these rookie coaches who cant get anything from davis. We need a guy with balls to stand up to davis and coach the team their way. So to answer your Question I think we should look elsewhere but keep Cable on the staff. We should Fire Ryan Also he freaking sucks.

3. russian.tank

I don't believe we want someone who will go against Davis, because, once Davis gets pissed, then comes the axe, and we are going in circles with different coaches getting one or two years in Oakland. Jim Fassel might work, but I still think it should be Cable or Gilbride. As for Ryan, he needs to go. He sucks as the DC. The only good defensive game we've had was the second Broncos game where they only had 10 points. And the Carolina game, even though we lost. He needs to go. The best chance for the Raiders to win is to get Gilbride as Head Coach, renew Cables contract and put him in the OC, get a new DC but keep everything else in place. That way Cable can work with the offense, because we have seen improvement in the last few games. As far as experience, look at the Ravens, Falcons and Dolphins. Experience doesn't really matter.

4. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

I say we keep Cable in charge to keep the countunity going we desperately need that plus he has hte support of the locker room they want to play and win for him. also we have to get rid of ryan as DC dude sucks

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I think they should give Cable a full season

6. russian.tank

Ryan does suck. Putting Asaoumgha in a zone against the Pats so Moss can burn us. Freaking dumbbutt.

7. JASON4RMLA

JASON4RMLA Go Kings!!

I'M A BIG FAN OF TOM CABLE!!

WE ACTUALLY ENDED THE SEASON ON A WINNING STREAK!!! THAT'S A GOOD SIGN..

O YEA.. FIRE ROB RYAN!!

8. russian.tank

Lol. Everyone loves a winner.