So Where Will Peyton End Up?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by CaptainStubing, Mar 7, 2012.

?

Where Will Peyton Land?

Poll closed Mar 19, 2012.
  1. Titans

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Broncos

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. 49ers

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Other

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I read that he did spend 6 to 7 hours in Denver.

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Left the Cards' training facility a bit ago and currently at University of Phoenix Stadium. I'm sure the hard sell about playing in a dome on natural grass is in full gear. And yes, an O-Line that gave up 104 sacks last year has been a topic according to Pedro Gomez.
    So....66% of Broncos fans polled said they wanted Manning over Tebow. So much for love affairs.

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I'm shocked that percent isn't higher. People be smokin some crack up in that thin air.

4. ragman

What if Peyton's rusty and not the Peyton of old? The numbers for Peyton will go down, I bet.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, i don't expect peyton to ever be what he once was. however, even if he can physically only make half the throws he used to make, his ability to read and his football knowledge are solid enough to still make him one of the best qb's in the game.

6. dpn

dpn 18to44

Although I voted Arizona, my pick would have been Houston. Gonna throw this out there. Yates showed that he was a good QB and could play behind Manning so if Schaub's paycheck is a problem, could they trade Matt? Just a thought.

7. markaz

Although indications were that Manning would decide early this week, Arizona is really against the wall on this one. Kolb is due his roster bonus of $7M in five days and if Manning hasn't decided by then, do the Cards keep Kolb or dump him with no Manning. The overwhelming consensus down here is get rid of Kolb and just hope Manning comes to AZ.

8. ragman

Here's something to think about. Denver's stadium does not have a retractable roof, but Phoenix does.

9. CaptainStubing

there's a rumor starting to fly around that the dolphins are out because peyton won't play with a diva receiver like marshall.

maybe down to 2 teams now? arizona and denver? out of those 2, manning may be smarter to go to denver since he would have a better chance of winning (weaker division/weaker conference) .............. plus, that keeps him in the AFC, which he knows already and which keeps him from playing his brother in the playoffs until the SB.

10. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

It takes a lot of strength and endurance to play a mile high though. So who really knows

11. markaz

I would tend to agree with the Captain on his points. Although Arizona might be the ideal landing spot (just a little bias, of course) because of his relationship with Whisenhunt and knowing that Whiz would allow him to run the offense however it suits him best. The down side is another strong 49er's team in the division and the AZ O-Line (and Russ Grimm) have a proven statistical history of allowing far too many sacks. Even during the Kurt Warner era did the O-Line under perform. I don't think his brother playing in the NFC is a major factor, at least not until Peyton himself says so.

12. CaptainStubing

um, there are stories now that peyton is meeting with the phins and titans and that the texans and 49ers are still on peyton's radar and both have inquired .................

apparently when peyton said he would have a decision 'tuesday', he actually meant 3 tuesdays from now .....................

13. ragman

Are you sure about that? I thought it was going to be tomorrow.:icon_frown:

14. CaptainStubing

the list of teams seems to be growing again and if these visits with the phins and titans are true, there's no way he'll have a decision tomorrow, as originally said.

i like the fact that the texans and 49ers names are back in the discussion ............ those are actually the 2 best locations for him to go, from a winning perspective, and i was curious why they were barely discussed.

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

No, Marshall Faulk said he doesnt think Peyton would play in the NFC. Peyton hasnt said crap. It's just another media figure trying to get press off the situation.

16. markaz

I heard the same reports as the Captain. Either SF or Houston are at the top of the leaderboard in terms of winning instantly. Heard that SF has 24 hours to make an offer to Smith. Is that correct? If Manning becomes a 49er, that just about locks up the NFC West for about 4 years. God I hope that doesn't happen.

Also heard that Manning will speak to the 'phins, but won't take a trip to their facilities. If true, not real good for them.

Does Vegas have a line on all this????

17. CaptainStubing

vegas has a line on everything ............

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Texans would be bad butt with Peyton...

19. CaptainStubing

i can't help but wonder if arizona and denver were peyton's top 2 picks and he hoped to select one of them today but both of them bombed their interviews and now peyton is having to extend the process and interview more teams.

20. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

It would blow people's minds if he ended up in SF, esp now with Moss coming in.