Steelers Free Agent Updates/RB Maurice Jones-Drew To Visit The Steelers

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by mnagy, Mar 19, 2014.

1. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

The Pittsburgh Steelers were very interested in free agent RB James Starks but he decided to sign a two-year contract to stay in Green Bay before his visit to Pittsburgh on Tuesday. Now they turn their attention and interest to RB Maurice Jones-Drew. The Steelers continued search for a running back to adequately backup Le’Veon […]

Read the whole post here.

2. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

MJD staying overnight in Pitt for further negotiations tomorrow...Things are heating up = Good sign?

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Sounds like it could be...

4. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

The Steelers and MJD don't come to an agreement and MJD departs...I'm thinking that MJD wanted a multi-year deal and more than minimum...Steelers couldn't afford to do it.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I can't imagine him taking a back up role...

6. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

Moore left town as well...that's pretty much it for wide outs cause Cotchery signing w panthers

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Word is MJD and the Steelers are still "talking."

8. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

[QUOTtoRD, post: 1627799, member: 1533"]Word is MJD and the Steelers are still "talking."[/QUOTE]
    Good to know thanks...been consumed w march madness all day

9. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

MJD fits the Steelers a little better than Blount IMO, but I kinda like the thought of Blount over MJD. I can't really imagine that he'd want a job where he's not the starter...

11. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

I have mixed feelings as well...both fit in diff ways...blount would be cheaper and less versatile with pass if bell goes down.