Steelers NT Casey Hampton Restructures Contract

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by Sweets, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

According to a league source, the Steelers got a little further under the salary cap by restructuring the final year of nose tackle Casey Hampton's three-year, $21 million contract. Hampton, who will turn 35 by the start of the regular season, was scheduled to earn $4.89 million in base salary with a $1 million workout bonus in 2012 and his cap number was $8.057 million. Under the restructure, Hampton reduced his base salary to $2.8 million and his workout bonus is gone, reducing his cap number by $3.09 million. The 19th overall pick of the 2001 NFL Draft, Hampton has started 148 of 157 games, totaling 347 tackles and nine sacks, but anchoring a run defense that annually ranks among the best in the NFL. Opposing teams have averaged over 100 yards per game on the ground in just one season (2003) since Hampton arrived in 2001.

Source: Mac's Football Blog

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

this is going to be a big relief to 86Ward knowing that Hampton will be on their roster next season.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

meh...I don't mind him being there as a body, but I wouldn't have been upset to see him go. Same way I feel about Mendenhall. I'd like to see him go if it means keeping Wallace...to be honest. RB just isn't as important as it used to be...as you can see by the free agency market.